I had to take a little bit of a mental check out from a lot of "extra" things in my life this past year, blogging being one, sadly. Last school year was a great one--one of my best ever--but it was exhausting. Completely draining. I had no idea how tiring being apart of an inaugural school year would be. Opening a school is no joke. I can't imagine how exhausted my poor principal was all the time.
Plus the students I had last year...mercy. Wore. Me. Out.
But.
I'm just finishing up a long summer break. Glorious sunshiny summer break. It arrived right on time (before I had a nervous breakdown) and was exactly what I needed. I was drained but am feeling recharged and much more like myself. I'm still not ready to go back to school, but I never really will be, so might as well get this train rolling. I want summer break 12 months a year, but I don't think that's ever going to happen.
So much has happened since my last post in April.
I turned 30. So I'm old now. Honestly, 30 has been fantastic so far. I think 29 was way worse because I had a whole year with 30 looming ahead. I dreaded its coming. But 30 is here now, so that's out of the way. I'm excited about all the great things ahead.
My two best friends had babies, so I'm an Aunt now--twice! I love sweet little Kalyn and Lincoln to pieces. I'm so proud of these babies and their mommas for pushing it real good and bringing them into the world.
I've spent a great deal of the summer living out of a suitcase and traveling. I enjoyed some time in Florida, St. Louis, and Vegas.
I met some fun new people, including some blog friends! Hey y'all!
(I'll post soon on my Vegas trip and the many great ladies that I met while I was there!)
I adopted a new furry friend, a Siamese kitten that I named Juniper. I call her Junie for short. This little kitten is trouble, I tell ya. She is a wild one, but she sure is cute, though. She reminds me of Skippyjon Jones. Daisy still isn't real sure about her. She's kind of missing being the "only child".
So yes, a lot has been going on since my hiatus, but the biggest news of all that I've been withholding from you all is that I have myself a boyfriend now. Yes! You read that correctly. If I could insert fireworks or a parade in this post, I would. I'm pretty happy about it. He's great. I'm great. We're great.
And this is going to be wayyyyyyyyyyy cheesy, but you know how my little blog title is about waiting on the butterflies? Well...I think I've finally found them. Finally! And I'm not one to talk about mushy gushy stuff, so the fact that I'm mentioning it at all says a lot. So, shh! Let's stop talking about it so I don't jinx it.
I just wanted to pop in and let you know I'm still alive. I'm dying to post about Vegas so I will do that very soon in between all the back to school craziness that I'm all up in. I'll talk at you all soon.
It's been since April, so it's about dern time you've come back. Seriously.
ReplyDeleteNow. This boy. Where'd ya meet him? And does he have any friends? I wish i were joking.
What a sweet treat to see this post today! I've missed ya, friend! So happy so many great things are happening!!
ReplyDeleteEek! Butterflies! :)
ReplyDeleteVegas and a cat? Dang girl what a summer ;)
Btw, your school needs to give back some students. Holy cow! Our school is tiny now. We even have a k/1 spilt. It's complete nonsense.
Thank you for the information provided! Maintain the good performance of your site. You can also check my article AJAX Assignment Help.
ReplyDelete