I met my new crop of kids yesterday. They seem good. Good is good. I like good. One little boy was following me around the room for awhile. He then asked, "Are you nice?" I laughed. What an awesome question. He really wasn't sure. I told him I try to be nice. Then I asked him what he thought about me and my niceness. He said he thinks I'm nice. I told him if he's nice, I'm nice. That's how Ms. Marcum does it.
We're totally switching gears here, but random is my specialty, along with procrastination, so here we go. I was at the doctor the end of last week. The lady doctor variety. Each exam room in my doctors office has a little picture in the light above your table for you to look at and 'take you away to another place', I guess. I've seen many of the scenes in the exam rooms over the years: an underwater ocean scene, a beach, etc. I was in a new room this time.
And this was my scene:
I don't know about you guys, but animal babies staring at me from the sky above (so naturally it was animal heaven) struck me as odd. I don't need a parrot, dog, and kitten looking down upon me with my legs spread for a perfect view of my privacy. Guardian gynecology animals. They saw it all. They saw it ALL.
And you know what else was great about the visit? My doctor about fell off of his spinning stool when he looked at my chart and told me I've gained 12 pounds in the past year. Ouch. He said that made him feel like a failure as a doctor. I told him that was strange. I'm the one that can't put the fork down. Or the bag of chips down. Or the ice cream bars down. Or whatever it may be.
But since he wanted to take full responsibility, I left the office and drove straight to Chick-fil-A.
I'm off to squeeze out the last little drops of summery sunny awesomeness of this day.

enjoy those last few rays of summer sun!
ReplyDeleteI don't feel bad for you one bit about going back to school. This actually makes me praise the good Lord above that I don't have to do a first day of school again.
ReplyDeleteAnd I really wish you'd told that boy NO sternly when he asked if you were nice.
And I want Chick-Fil-A now.
hahaha I need your doctor! Taking one for the team and accepting responsibility. Except, I wouldn't be able to deal with those animals. holy hell that is weird! So sad that you're going back to school!!
ReplyDeleteYou're a KY Girl too :) YEEHAW!.. Rider up... Derby On... all that fun stuff!
ReplyDeleteAt least you had some time... our poor Southern Indiana teachers have been at it for a few weeks now. Really making summer suck.
I don't get those stupid over head prints. Like, yeah,.. I'm laying on my back & there's tropical trees over head... & usually in the ugliest ceilings ever too...no... just no
You make me laugh so hard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteOnce again, you made me smile and laugh. I'm a teacher too (first grade) so I need that right now.
ReplyDelete