Friday, April 5, 2013

Oops. Here It Is.

Guys. What's my deal? I don't even know how to blog anymore. Two months goes by awfully fast...oops.

Today was the last official day of my spring break. That makes me sad all day long. I love time off from work. I love it a little bit too much. But you all know all about that because I mention it every time I have a break from school.
Do you want some good news? I only have 7 weeks (34 more school days to be exact) until I get a whole lotta days off. Summer break is quickly approaching and I am more than ready. I think I'm the most ready I've ever been in my whole life for this summer break. It's been a good school year, but just busy. I'm just ready to chill. While getting tan sitting by the pool.

So, what's new with Sarah? Um, not really a lot of fun and neat things. Just livin' life. You just gotta keep on livin' man, L-I-V-I-N. That's what I've been doing. And it's kinda routine and dull.
I'll give you some recent happenings from the past couple weeks.

Last weekend my parents adopted a couple of corgis. It has been a year since our family corgi Abby, that we had for 13 years, passed away. My parents were finally ready to add some new furry babies to their house.
Meet Max and Ruby! 
They are so fun. These little guys have had a hard little life. They came to KY through a local Corgi Rescue that bought them at an Amish dog auction. They had previously been at an Amish puppy mill in Missouri. The first part of their life is a sad story, but they're quickly becoming spoiled dogs and are enjoying their new digs.

We're having our own little edition of Breaking Amish: Corgi Style. At first I typed Doggie Style, but then felt really awkward about that...that's not what's going on, guys. Anyway. They're seeing everything in our "English world" for the first time. They freaked out the first time we ever turned the TV on. Little Ruby barked and growled at the TV screen for hours. And Max and Ruby want to go to bed as soon as the sun sets. Funny little things.

Hmm. What else can we talk about? The weather? It has been a bit bizarre lately. March was just way too stupid cold. And we had a freak hail storm a couple weeks ago.
This was my sidewalk:
What?

Today we finally had spring-appropriate weather. I was brave and wore short sleeves and sandals. It's time. Next week we have 70+ temps in the forecast all week. I think spring has finally arrived in the Bluegrass State. Finally.
A pedicure is on my agenda for tomorrow so that my feet are looking pretty for all the sandals I'm going to bust out to wear to work next week. That makes me SO excited. My sandals have been calling to me. Pleading for me to wear them and toss the boots and flats to the back of the closet. I've heard your call, dear sandals. I have answered.

Hmm. What else? I don't know if I've told you all (probably not since I haven't really been around on my blog much in the past year), but my two bestest friends are pregnant with their first babies. I have been so excited about it. I get to be "Aunt Sarah" twice this year! 2013 is a big year!

Below is a picture of Alison. We have been friends through the ages and will remain friends until the end of time. Her little girl will be arriving THIS MONTH! Just a few more weeks. April is the best month of all to be born, says the April birthday girl (me!). We have the best birthstone. Can't deny that.
I love touching bellies that have babies growing inside of them. I can't resist it. I don't go up to strangers and rub bellies. I only do it to people that I know are cool with it. 
And feeling a baby kick is one of the coolest things in this lifetime.

(Ashley, I don't think we have a picture like this yet. I looked through my phone and did not see one that exists. This makes me sad and we must fix it.)

Well, children, I just wanted to drop in and let you all know that I am still here and I'm still breathing. Sometimes it's heavy breathing when it involves having to walk a greater distance than from my couch to the kitchen.

Be back soon-ish. ;-) 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sarah,
    I just found your blog- I absolutely LOVE the title and quote. It is wonderful. I loved reading about you. :) Your corgis are too cute.
    I'd love you to stop over to my blog if you get a chance!
    Carolyn
    Kindergarten: Holding Hands and Sticking Together

    ReplyDelete