I hope all of you had a fantastic Thanksgiving. I sure did. Good foods and good moods. That's the way I like it.
I had my last Thanksgiving family dinner tonight, so my belly is still really full and happy. I made a few dishes for the event. I figured I'm a big girl so I need to start acting like the almost 30-year-old that I am (Lord that was hard to type) and start contributing to family dinners. The crowd favorite was another recipe from Cara, her Rotel Cups. I think I've found my new favorite appetizer. They were so good and so easy. I don't do complicated recipes, guys. If it's got more than 5 ingredients, I'm usually out. Scared of that mess. Nothing in this life scares me more than a long list of ingredients.
Did any of you go Black Friday shopping? I did. I usually go out every year for some portion of the day. This year I left my house around 3:30 in the a.m. I had to get my belly full, so I hit up Chick-fil-A for a chicken biscuit and Coke. I had to start my day off right and be ready to fight the crowds. Now I don't do the whole stand in line for hours to get the Door busters deals. No. I don't need a TV that bad. That's doing too much. There have been years that I've gone out and turned around to go back home because it's too crazy. There is nothing I want bad enough and I'm just not patient for that.
This year I went to the mall and stayed there for four hours loving every minute of it. I saw it all. Ladies cheering and clapping. People getting pedicures at 5 in the morning. Long lines. Guys sitting in folding chairs for hours waiting for the 8 a.m. release of the new Michael Jordan shoes.Women tearing shoe departments apart. It was great. So great.
I find so much humor in just being out amongst the people on Black Friday. The whole idea of that day is really just comical and crazy. I love being out and watching people. You really see animalistic and survivor instincts kick in...and not over a basic need like the last bottle of water on Earth. It's over silly things like bath towels.
I also love the whole thing of stopping and thinking, "Wow. It's 5:00 in the morning and I'm eating an Auntie Anne's pretzel and buying clothes at the mall". I mean, that's crazy guys. It's also crazy that I had Chick-fil-A and then had a pretzel not long after. Oh well. It's the holidays. The season of eating all you want.
Probably my favorite thing is that I love making small talk and chatting to strangers while in line. I love getting their scoop on where they've been and what deals they've scored. It's so fun to make BFFN's (Best Friends For Now). One of my BFFN's was a woman I was in line with at Old Navy. We talked about all kinds of stuff. First about how hot the store was. She told me the mall needs to do what the casinos do and pump oxygen into the stores. She said it would really make us all a lot happier and not as sleepy. Then she told me all about how her daughter slept in her car in Kohl's parking lot on Thanksgiving night so she'd be there for the midnight opening. I love talking to strangers. So fun.
I had my last Thanksgiving family dinner tonight, so my belly is still really full and happy. I made a few dishes for the event. I figured I'm a big girl so I need to start acting like the almost 30-year-old that I am (Lord that was hard to type) and start contributing to family dinners. The crowd favorite was another recipe from Cara, her Rotel Cups. I think I've found my new favorite appetizer. They were so good and so easy. I don't do complicated recipes, guys. If it's got more than 5 ingredients, I'm usually out. Scared of that mess. Nothing in this life scares me more than a long list of ingredients.
I made 45 of these little things and they were all gone within 10 minutes.
Stupid good. Make them.
Did any of you go Black Friday shopping? I did. I usually go out every year for some portion of the day. This year I left my house around 3:30 in the a.m. I had to get my belly full, so I hit up Chick-fil-A for a chicken biscuit and Coke. I had to start my day off right and be ready to fight the crowds. Now I don't do the whole stand in line for hours to get the Door busters deals. No. I don't need a TV that bad. That's doing too much. There have been years that I've gone out and turned around to go back home because it's too crazy. There is nothing I want bad enough and I'm just not patient for that.
This year I went to the mall and stayed there for four hours loving every minute of it. I saw it all. Ladies cheering and clapping. People getting pedicures at 5 in the morning. Long lines. Guys sitting in folding chairs for hours waiting for the 8 a.m. release of the new Michael Jordan shoes.Women tearing shoe departments apart. It was great. So great.
I find so much humor in just being out amongst the people on Black Friday. The whole idea of that day is really just comical and crazy. I love being out and watching people. You really see animalistic and survivor instincts kick in...and not over a basic need like the last bottle of water on Earth. It's over silly things like bath towels.
I also love the whole thing of stopping and thinking, "Wow. It's 5:00 in the morning and I'm eating an Auntie Anne's pretzel and buying clothes at the mall". I mean, that's crazy guys. It's also crazy that I had Chick-fil-A and then had a pretzel not long after. Oh well. It's the holidays. The season of eating all you want.
Probably my favorite thing is that I love making small talk and chatting to strangers while in line. I love getting their scoop on where they've been and what deals they've scored. It's so fun to make BFFN's (Best Friends For Now). One of my BFFN's was a woman I was in line with at Old Navy. We talked about all kinds of stuff. First about how hot the store was. She told me the mall needs to do what the casinos do and pump oxygen into the stores. She said it would really make us all a lot happier and not as sleepy. Then she told me all about how her daughter slept in her car in Kohl's parking lot on Thanksgiving night so she'd be there for the midnight opening. I love talking to strangers. So fun.
I really think I picked the best time to go out to shop. The crowds were apparently horrible earlier in the evening and then the afternoon of Black Friday was horrendous. I didn't have to wait in any crazy long lines and was able to buy myself a lot of things. Yes. I only bought for myself. No one else. I bought 3 sweaters, a cardigan, two tops, a pair of boots, a pair of earrings, and a scarf. All for around $120. Girl did good. Real good.
I also got a $10 mall gift card. Free money! Yessssssssssss.
Have you all seen the It's Thanksgiving video? It's produced by the same guy who made Rebecca Black a household name. You'll see the similarity if you watch. Enjoy. It's another hit.
Have you all seen the It's Thanksgiving video? It's produced by the same guy who made Rebecca Black a household name. You'll see the similarity if you watch. Enjoy. It's another hit.
"It's Thanksgiving. We, we, we, we gonna have a good time."

No comments:
Post a Comment