So I'm popping in for a hot minute. Two days in a row? Give this girl a prize! This never happens.
It's Thanksgiving week and I am so excited. Only one more work day and then it's time for jubilation. My favorite holiday of all holidays.
My kids made some adorable little Native American children. Templates found HERE.
I felt they needed feathers for some extra pizazz. I just really wanted an excuse to use the word pizazz in my blog post. And now I've used it twice. Success. I could end the post here and be completely satisfied, but I'll keep writing.
We've read many books about the Thanksgiving story and we've talked about how the Native Americans helped the pilgrims. They "Synergize: together is better" as my kids would say. They're all about The Leader in Me.
I felt they needed feathers for some extra pizazz. I just really wanted an excuse to use the word pizazz in my blog post. And now I've used it twice. Success. I could end the post here and be completely satisfied, but I'll keep writing.
We've read many books about the Thanksgiving story and we've talked about how the Native Americans helped the pilgrims. They "Synergize: together is better" as my kids would say. They're all about The Leader in Me.
This is what I got from one of my kids:
The Native Americans taught the Pilgrims how to hunt for beer.
I didn't realize they went beer hunting, but I learn something new from my kids every day.
I guess I need to work more on b and d reversals with my students.
I didn't make him change it. I cracked up and shared it with my assistant. She cracked up. Then we laughed and laughed and texted it around so that others could laugh with us. Then we knew these had to go in the hallway for everyone to enjoy.
I can't make a work display without making it a rainbow production. It's beautiful. Once I finished hanging all of the work up, I stood in the hallway for no less than five minutes just marveling at the majesty of the board. Behold!
I love kid artwork. Just look at the sets of lips on these kids.
I survived the potluck today. The food I ate seemed safe and was tasty. I'm not sick from it, so it was all made in clean homes from people that didn't lick all of their fingers as they prepared it. Hopefully.
At the end of the day, I went to pick up my dessert dish in the library.
This is what I like to see.
Seeing the plate reminded me of Matilda, which was one of my favorite childhood books and favorite movies. Please tell me you've seen it. My favorite scene is when Ms. Trunchbull makes Bruce Bogtrotter eat the chocolate cake, the "entire confection".
I tried to upload that segment of the movie to give you all a delightful "brain break" from reading, but the only video I found that was decent had Spanish subtitles and it ended before Ms. Trunchbull smashed the cake plate over Bruce's head, which, in my opinion, is the best part. I've always found that part sickly hilarious. It's the combination of the uplifting music, the crowd cheering, and the insane glutinous eating, and, well, the glass breaking.
I was just wishing I had a head to break my plate over today. I'm kidding. Totally kidding...except I'm not.
So anyway, the Library Assistant told me that my dessert was the "hit of the potluck".
Well, well, well. Way to go, Sarah.
Well, well, well. Way to go, Sarah.
I made one of Mrs. Cara Carroll's recipes--Sopapilla Cheesecake. You can't go wrong with anything made with cream cheese. It's a crowd-pleaser alright.
I've made so many of her recipes from her cooking blog. They are ALL good. Cara and I could be good friends because this girl knows good food.
Before I go, I just want to give you all a heads up on some HOT items before you hit up the Black Friday sales. If you go to Wal-Mart, which you probably won't be able to resist, you probably need to add these items to your shopping list.
First up:
Toilet Tattoos.
Yes. I know. Too good to be true. Yes! Same here! I know! I've been waiting for these all my life too!
And, they just happen to be on clearance. For $3.96, I believe. Bargain. Go get several. Give them to all your friends. You'll quickly become their favorite.
Or at least buy one for a great Dirty Santa gift. This would be a gem among gems.
And last, but definitely not least:
Men's Clothing.
Dang Wal-Mart. I don't know if I can handle you right now. If I saw a man dressed in either of these shirts, it would just be too much to handle. I'd be howling...or perhaps...growling for that man.
So fierce. Rawr.
See you guys soon. Real soon.
Seriously, just spit out of my coke over those shirts. My gosh I would fall over if I ever see a man wearing that. Your students did such a great job on their Native Americans, even if they are beer hunting ;)
ReplyDeleteWhat a perfect way to end my short week. GOOD STUFF! Roar! I need to find that shirt and put it in the white elephant this year FOR SURE.
ReplyDeleteI'm soooo getting my principal a toilet tattoo for his school restroom (good prank to pull), and possibly one of those fabulously freaky tiger shirts...YIKES!
ReplyDelete