I enjoyed my little 'fact' post that I did recently, so I told myself, "You just need to do another one. It's a spectacular idea. Yeah. Everybody will like it. Just do it". Such peer pressure. So here we have it.
Fact: I went shopping today. I needed to shop so hard after spending all day locked in my house doing homework yesterday.
Fact: I was on a quest to find a fun NYE dress. I failed. I found no such dress.
Fact: Every dress I tried on would have shown my unmentionables if I bent over. I don't need to be pulling a Britney when I go out. Nobody needs that.
Fact: One dress I tried on had lots of glitter on it. Not sequins. Pure silver glitter. Now remember what I told you about glitter being the herpes of the craft world? Today it proved true once again. You will see why below.
Fact: Everyone was staring at me in the next store I was in. I mean, I'm used to it. I'm pretty stunning. However, when I looked in a mirror, I discovered the real reason for the stares.
Fact: I had silver glitter all over my face. Everywhere. In my hair. In my eyebrows. On my cheeks. I looked so beautiful. Like an angel. I almost cried.
Fact: And you all know you can't get rid of the stuff. So I wore my glitter proudly. I owned it. I don't see me being like Regina George and starting a glitter all over your body fad though.
Fact: When I took off my bra tonight to put my pajamas on, glitter fell out of my bra and went all over my floor. That dress had serious glitter leakage. Glad I didn't buy it.
Fact: My brother busted in my room earlier. I was standing in my bathroom naked. I screamed. He said he was glad I screamed. He quickly closed the door and managed to not see a thing. It was a close one.
Fact: I put a towel around myself and went to his room to see what he wanted. He said he didn't want anything. He just wanted to sing for me.
Fact: And this is why we're perfect roommates.
Fact: My brother doesn't sing for real. He's not some kid that you'd hear on Glee. That doesn't stop him though. He sings all.the.time. And whistles. But he sings nonsense and uses words like "leggo" and "dough bruh" in his original lyrics.
Fact: He's white.
Fact: One of my students came to school one day last week so angry. I mean, he was pissed. When he came in the room, he grabbed the sleeve of his huge puffy coat and slapped it against the classroom floor. It was very wrestler-ish. I asked him why he was angry. He said, "Santa didn't come last night". Oh dear. I had to explain that Santa doesn't come on December 8th.
Fact: Pray for me guys. Pray that I make it the next five days with Santa-crazed kindergarteners. I guess it doesn't help that I'm cramming North Pole goodness down their throats and it's not gonna stop any time soon.
Fact: I don't really cram anything down my kids throats. Just knowledge. Pure knowledge. And love. And the occasional craft covered with glitter.
Fact: I did cram lots down my throat yesterday. I did the Bad Santa thing. Remember when ol' Billy Bob ate all of Thurman Merman's chocolates in his advent calendar? Yep. I did that. To my calendar. I ate 'em all up. All the way to number 24. It was December 10. I cheated big time.
Fact: I couldn't help it. I was stressed. I was working on my paper for 12 hours. I just needed chocolate. I tore that poor advent calendar to shreds.
Fact: 5 more days of school and then it's Santa time. Two whole weeks off.
Yeeeeaaaahhhh boyyyyyyyy.
Too funny!! I was laughing so hard, I almost fell out of my chair - which made me laugh harder!
ReplyDelete-Megan
I love you. Hello I am reagan. You are awesome! Nice to meet you. LOVED your POST...glad you gave into peer pressure and glitter.
ReplyDeleteTunstall's Teaching Tidbits
My niece would have died for that glitter dress.
ReplyDeleteShe's 12.
Pwah ha ha ha! LOVE.IT....as always.
ReplyDeleteAlso, yes, that is a loft in my classroom...it was one of those it's easier to beg for forgiveness, than to ask for permission. I showed my principal at the time a picture of one. She gave me "the look" with the one eyebrow up. I smiled and said I'd pay for it and my hubby will build it. Two weeks later it was up and every student in the school wanted to be in kindergarten again.
Now, the footed penguin PJs - Target on sale. I plan on wearing them for 10 days straight starting this coming Saturday. Too bad you're not closer - we could totally have a pajama party! : )
Well, enough babble for now. Have a great 4 days with your Santa-crazed kindergarteners!
❤Tanya
Ms. Solano's Kindergarten
Hi (again)! Just wanted to let you know that since I love your blog for many reasons {the main being I laugh out loud every stinkin' time I read it}. I just had to nominate you for an award! C'mon over to visit my blog and read the details.
ReplyDelete❤Tanya
Ms. Solano's Kindergarten