Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Probably the most pointless post of all time.

Great day today. I was off school for Election Day. I didn't have to set my alarm and that is always a wonderful feeling. I had some lazy time, napped (a couple times), did some organizing, went through my closet and got rid of old clothes--so I accomplished a little bit. Definitely didn't do one bit of the mounds of grad school homework I have. Oops.

I was in the spirit of being free today. In honor of Election Day.
I guess I need to give this post a PG-13 rating due to the language in the above text. If you're 13 and under, please close out your web browser now. Thank you.

I love WrongNumberTexts.com. I spent some quality time on that site today.
Here's a couple more that make me smile.


On to the next thing...

Can we talk about this commercial for a minute? I've got to talk about it. Mainly because I've seen it 5300 times today. It's the Hardee's Cheddar Biscuit commercial. Have you all seen it? If you haven't, I'm providing it for your viewing pleasure. Enjoy.
It's HORRIBLE and annoying, yet I laugh every single time it comes on TV. I hate myself for laughing at it. And I'm not really even laughing because it's funny. I think I laugh because these people are so unfortunate and it makes me feel uncomfortable so I inappropriately laugh. That makes me sound like an ugly, ugly person (not as ugly as them, mind you), but, well...I mean look at that family. Yeesh. Their fashion sense! Their poor appearances! That son! What do we even say about that son? And that mothers horse mouth...
I would feel really bad if one of you left me a comment and was like, "...but this is my family in real life..." I would feel really bad for you.

And the sad thing is that I have fallen into Hardee's advertisement trap. I'm right where they want me. I keep thinking about this commercial and its cheesy creepiness and now I'm sharing it on my blog and talking about it with the masses. Everyone is going to want to go get Cheddar Biscuits. It will be anarchy.

Well. That's all the fun I have for now. Later, friends.

3 comments:

  1. that was too funny - I laughed at the Hardee's commercial too, I guess those advertising gurus have got us pegged!

    Jennifer @ Herding Kats In Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  2. The picture reminds me of Awkward Family Photos. I laughed so hard at that book my contact lens popped out of my eye. I was at the book store with my kids and had to drive home with one blind eye.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAHAHAHAHAHA! Thanks a ton for the laughs! Yours is the first blog I've read that has me cracking constantly. And that commercial....no, we don't get that one up here in Maine. It's a riot! HAHAHAHAHAHA! Now you're stuck with me as a follower!
    Dee
    First Impressions

    ReplyDelete