So yesterday's blog post title was "I Set Fire to My Blog". I'm thinking my 'follower' button really is starting to smoke because dang, y'all. I've gained over 30+ followers in the past 24 hours. I am amazed and NEVER thought I'd have over 100 people that would ever want to read my ridiculous random ramblings, but I'm so glad you want to. You all makin' me smile. Welcome aboard this crazy train.
Now, I am going to call a little business meeting regarding commenting/replying to comments.
Let's rewind it back a bit. A couple posts back I mentioned that I can't always comment back to some of my commenters. This doesn't mean that I don't try or want to. Let me clarify what I mean because there may be some confusion. When I receive a comment on this blog, your comment is automatically sent to my personal email address: sarah.marcum@gmail.com. My phone goes 'ding' and I get an email telling me that a lovely person just left me nice words. It makes me happy and I decide to write them back to say thanks or answer a question or whatever the cause may be for reply.
Now this is where is gets a little sticky. Many of you that have commented on my blog lately are "no-reply comment bloggers". I open up the comment email from you, press reply, write out my response, press send and then what to my wondering eyes should appear--I discover my reply email is being sent to nowhere because you are a...duh, duh, duh..."no-reply comment blogger". This makes me say, "Bollocks!".
Maybe you don't even know you're a "no-reply comment blogger". To help give you a hint, I'll just tell you that out of all the comments I've received on my blog in the past day, the only person that I've been able to reply back to directly is this lady: Lisa G. Pat yourself on the back, Lisa G. You are a reply comment blogger.
Maybe you want to remain a no-reply comment blogger so that I won't bother you with an email reply, but if you want to fix it, here's how. It's easy as 1, 2, 3, 4, 5.
1. Go to your Dashboard.
2. Click Edit Profile (beside your pretty little profile picture).
3. Under the Privacy section, check the box that says, "Show my email address".
4. Look down in the Identity section and make sure you've entered in your email address.
*If the box wasn't checked or you didn't have an email address entered--guess what? You're a no-reply comment blogger.
5. Go down to the bottom of the screen and 'Save profile'. Always save that work.
Wham bam, thank you ma'am. We're now in business. I just feel bad when I can't write a commenter back and thank them for their kind words. Hopefully this will help us all out a little.
Conclusion of business meeting. Thank you for your attention. Back to our regularly scheduled programming.
So I'm a little sad because it got dark at 5:00 tonight but that's the price we pay for falling back and getting an extra hour of sleep. I hate that it gets dark so quickly with this time change but I do love how it feels like today has dragged by so slowly. It's been awesome. It just means an extra hour of laziness for me today.
The only thing productive I've done today was to shower and drive myself to the grocery. I bought food, came home and made food, and proceeded to eat all of said food. My belly is full and happy. I also bought myself a treat because I like to buy treats for myself. I bought a MexiCoke to go with my delicious Mexican cuisine. These Cokes are so much more delicious. I'll take sugar over high-fructose corn syrup any day. Plus a glass bottle just makes for a better tasting drink.
Even though I've seen every episode at least three times each already, I've been watching the Tough Love Miami marathon today. The new episode starts in the next few minutes and I'm excited. I'm addicted. Addicted to love. Love that is tough, to be exact.
Usually I have Sunday night depression thinking about the upcoming busy work week, but the good news is that I only have to make it through tomorrow and I'll have another day off. We're off Tuesday for Election Day. Yippee.
Bye for now, lovers.

My husband LOVES the glass bottle Cokes. He acts like it's his birthday when he gets one. Also, I was pretty bummed about it getting dark at 5:30. I don't sleep enough for it to be this dark all of the time!
ReplyDeleteCongrats on the new fame! You deserve it!
Andi
I had NO IDEA. I'm all fixed up. Thanks for the pointers!
ReplyDeleteWe are off this Thursday for a Furlough Day and then on Friday for Veteran's Day. Hallelujah!!!!!
I'm so glad you're getting lots of followers. :) :) :)
A Teeny Tiny Teacher
Thanks for the heads up on the commenting. I am all fixed! We have Friday off thank goodness-4 days is much less daunting.
ReplyDeleteI had no idea I was No-Reply Blogger! The tragedy! I, too, like to reply back to comments because it goes straight to my e-mail! I like talking back and forth and I've noticed a lot of people were the no-reply bloggers so I'm always bummed when I can't start up a conversation! And here I am, the exact same thing - erg!
ReplyDeleteThanks for posting this! I'm going to do a link to this blog post on my blog when I post today to let my readers know as well!
:D
THANK YOU!!!!! Fixed that right away:) That explains why I haven't received any feedback from my comments!
ReplyDeleteThank you! I had no clue!
ReplyDelete