And all that garble was simply to say that even though I figured no one else would ever be interested in what I have to say, I sure am glad that all of you are. It tickles me and makes a girl smile. It makes a girl smile real big.
It's fitting that the following fortune was in my fortune cookie last night:
Keep your feet on the ground even though friends flatter you.
Mr. Fortune is trying to bring me down a few notches. Fret not, dear followers. I am not letting my fame get the best of me. No, no. My feet are firmly planted on the ground and my fingers are in the home key position on the keyboard.
And speaking of being misunderstood, here's one more thing. Sometimes I'm also misunderstood based on my facial expressions. I swear I'm a nice person--way deep, deep down somewhere in that little black heart of mine. If you saw me from across a room or through the lens of my Mom's camera, you might beg to differ that I don't have one smidgen of nice anywhere in my body. My Mom is always snapping pictures. Always. Because of this, there are many pictures of me caught in my 'natural' state.
A lot of the time I have a serious look about me. I've caught a glimpse of myself in my mirror before while driving and I'm usually wearing a scowl. I'm not a crotchety person, I'm just usually deep in thought. Unfortunately, my thoughts obviously make me look like I'm angry and hating life. I guess it could be worse. I'm thankful my deep thoughts don't make me look like I'm constipated.
To help illustrate this example, I'm including a sampling of pictures that my Mom snapped of me at a beach dinner while in Florida. I had no idea she was snapping away, so these are all completely natural shots of me. Doing my thing.
Picture #1
It looks like I'm pissed and miserable and bored. I'm on a beach and I look like I'm so mad I could die. Actually, it looks like I'm doing some pretty hard judging here towards someone.
Picture #2
I almost have a slight dazed/cross-eyed look beginning to form here. That's dangerous.
Picture #3
Yep. Again. With pursed lips.
Picture #4
One more. With my hater blockers. Not one crack of a smile. For miles.
Was I angry about something? Well. You can bet your bottom dollar that something was ruffling my feathers. That's usually always a given. However, I do try to let some of my radiant personality shine on through despite my angers.
I do remember that I was angry because it was so dern windy and I kept saying, "Some super hold hairspray this is". I hate the wind. Also the dinner line was pretty long. I'm sure that made me a little angry. I don't like lines. And I also remember thinking that if I heard that song "I Love the Nightlife" one more time I was going to start throwing chairs. I felt like I heard that song everywhere we went in Florida. It was like it was Sandestin's anthem. I don't want to boogie so leave me alone.
Guess I'm just crabby.
Those were unfortunate attempts at me trying to do a mean crab face. I should have just been me.
In my natural, sullen state.
So for fun I like to play the caption game. Let's pretend we're on facebook for a minute and create a caption to go with my unpleasant pictures. For example: picture #1 of my crankity face:
Picture #1 Caption: I love puppies and rainbows so much I could just start crying right now.
or it could be something like...
I hope that buffet tablecloth goes up in flames.
See. Captions are fun. Making up stories to go with pictures is extra exciting. You can play the caption game with me. Feel free to comment below and leave a caption on a Sarah picture.
Options 1, 2, 3, and 4 are available for your choosing. And you all know me. I don't get offended easily so make it funny and/or inappropriate if you wish. Make me laugh. Go.
Or if you don't want to play the caption game and you just want to leave me a comment that you love me so much, I'll take that too. Go.
well, I would play the caption game, but I'm not as witty as your are ;) haha
ReplyDeleteI do love the dress you're wearing though!
Hahaha....I love your captions, and your posts always give a good laugh first thing in the morning. That's why I love your blog so much! :) Your dress is so cute in those pics!!
ReplyDelete