Monday, June 20, 2011

These are my Confessions...

I'm linking up with Carissa Explains it All to share my confessions. If you've never visited her blog, you should. She's a funny girl.


I confess...when it's summer I'm on a schedule that I love. I stay up late. Really late. Like 3 a.m. late. I do my best work at night and I'm quite productive. Like last night I organized my bathroom closet and vanity cabinets. Success.

I confess...when I was in the pool today I noticed a dead japanese beetle on the side of the pool patio. An ant was making the beetle its snack. I broke out into "Circle of Life". It just came over me. If only I'd had a lion cub to pick up and raise over my head like Rafiki does in the movie. That would have been beautiful. My dog, Daisy Mae, worked just fine as a lion cub substitute though.

I confess...sometimes I get to-go boxes from restaurants just so I can take my leftovers back to my dog. Yesterday I brought Daisy home a box full of bacon strips that I removed from my club sandwich. She loved me for it.

I confess...I never have to buy items like Ziploc bags, napkins, coffee filters, and tissues for my house. My students send in an overabundance during the school year. Enough to stock my classroom...and my house. Thanks, kids.

I confess...I currently have a jungle of weeds in my backyard landscaping bed. I mean, it's extreme. I would take a picture of it but I'm embarrassed. I have 7 foot pokeweeds growing. I just cleaned this landscape bed out in April and it's back again spreading faster than heat rash. I really should do something about the weeds in my yard but that would interfere with my pool time. So, eh. Weeds. Shmeeds. Plus it's my backyard so no one really looks back there anyway, right?...

I confess...I haven't been to the grocery store to buy food in over four weeks. How have I managed to live you ask? Simple. I eat out or mooch off my family. I'm good at that. The only thing I've purchased from the grocery recently were four 12-packs of Coke. That's really all I need to live. My liquid drug.

I confess...I came home from Florida on Thursday night and my suitcase is still in the middle of my bedroom floor. It will probably remain there for at least the next three weeks. I hate unpacking so I avoid it as long as possible.

I confess...I sat in my hairstylists chair and talked about Pink Lou Lou and her poof skills. My stylist said that she's going to take me shopping for extensions to try to work some magic on me. I'm geekily excited because I have the thinnest hair in this world. If I could have hair like my girl crush, Jessica Simpson, then I would be the fairest of them all. That will never happen.

I confess...that I sure am long-winded. I can't just write a quick confession. I have to write a novel about each one. I have major cases of word vomit.

9 comments:

  1. Stella can be your Lion King fill in. I hold her up like that ALLLLL the time!

    And I'm telling you, hire a high-school kid to do your yard work!

    I've not been to the grocery in a few months too. I eat at my parents house before I go to work. My "excuse" is it's too hard to cook for 1. True..it is.

    And I just finished unpacking from my trip to Florida that was May1-14 Sunday. Yes, the suitcase sat in my floor that long and actually acquired more clothes the longer it sat there....wonder how? weird! ha..ha...there's that haha again!
    Seriously...we are the same person...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate unpacking. I am not looking forward to getting back home from FLA because I move the Monday afterward so I can't put off unpacking...while trying to pack. What a viscous cycle :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also HATE unpacking. We go to our cabin every weekend so our unpacked bags usually just sit there until we throw more stuff in it for the next weekend. They are all clean clothes in a bag so it's not that bad is it?

    Ohhh, keep us posted on the extensions. I totally want them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I so wish I could also poof my hair like Pink Lou Lou so not fair :-D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lol. I have totally been working on my Pink Lou Lou poof this week as well. Such dorks. {oh, and highlighted checks too}

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that your students stock your baggies and tissues. They must know my students! I haven't had to buy baggies for almost 11 years...is that wrong???

    www.mssolanoskindergarten.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I confess... I almost spewed coffee out of my mouth onto my laptop when I read the circle of life confession. hahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hahah this is hilarious! I love the lion king moment...hello fabulous 90's movies! And too funny about the ziplock baggies, my mom is a teacher, and when I lived at home we always had an abundance of those things as well! Love the perks of being a teacher (or in my case daughter of!)

    xox

    ReplyDelete
  9. you make me laugh. thanks. =)

    mrs tabb

    wearethetabbs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete