Saturday, April 2, 2011

Feline Friend.

Mom and I took a trip to the Humane Society and adopted ourselves a cat today. Our family felines have been gone for over five years and a cat presence has been missed.

We found this cat on our Humane Society's website. Bailey, a one year old Maine Coon. 

Maine Coons are the best cats. They're such lovers. As soon as we walked into the room full of cats, she stuck her paw out of her cage at us and we knew it was her. She was saying, "Pick me! Pick me!" It took me 2.3 seconds for me to realize that we HAD to have her. This is dumb, but I seriously started crying a little bit when I picked her up because she looks SO much like my old cat Piper who was also a Maine Coon. I had Piper for 17 years and she was the best cat of all time.

Here's Bailey sticking her paw out at me. She was in love.

Showing her little teefers as she rubs on the cage.

Look how beautiful she is! What hairy ears she has. I love 'em.

Big bushy coon tail.


We're so in love.

Mom with the baby.

This cat is seriously so good and sweet. She is going to be spayed on Monday and we'll get to pick her up on Tuesday. She'll be living out at my parents house. Mom is hoping this cat will be a lizard hunter for her this summer. Mom hates lizards and they like to frequent their backyard around the pool. I love this cat baby so much that I want her to come live with me at my house instead. Who knows. Maybe my parents' dog won't like her and Daisy Mae will love her and then she'll get to come be part of my little family. That's what I hope.

Like I said, her name is currently Bailey. Not quite sure how I feel about that. I've been thinking of name ideas tonight. Any cute name suggestions? 
I told my parents if I got two cats at the same time I'd name them Bebop and Rocksteady. As in these guys from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

My parents just shook their heads. I think it would be the best cat duo name ever.

2 comments:

  1. I'm more of a dog lover than a cat person, but she is so cute! I can see how you could just fall in love with her. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not a huge cat fan but she is so cute!

    ReplyDelete