Sunday, April 3, 2011

Three Cheers for Spring Break.

Today was a beautiful day in the Bluegrass State. A very lovely 85 degrees--way warmer than I thought it was going to be today. One thing you should know about my family is that we're all food lovers. No distance is too far to travel to get your gut filled with something good. My family will drive the distance for good food and today was the perfect day to do just that. My Dad voted on heading over to the Land Between the Lakes area to go to Patti's, which is a good two hour drive. We hadn't been there since October, so we were long overdue for that good eatin' experience. We conquered our flowerpot bread (4 pots o' bread to be exact) and our giant pork chops like the food eating champions that we are. It was delectable as always.

Cold dranks are always better in a jar. "Ahh! What's it to ya?"

And since I'd rather have a birthday pie than a birthday cake, we bought a whole one to go. A whole pie is $10.99. One slice is $6. Um. I'll take the whole pie. Duh. 
These pies are a magical fantasy. They whip that meringue 7 inches high! Bonzai.

After we ate we visited the animal friends scattered across the grounds. This little Peter Cottontail is ready for Easter. So am I, my little fluffy tailed friend.


Me on the pink tractor.

Inside the pink tractor shop, I bought a beautiful little pink lace scarf that was 75% off. I love a good sale about as much as I love food. I was already wearing a pink scarf today (as seen above on the tractor), but switched to my new pink scarf because, well, it was new.
I almost bought myself some flip flops because my feet were hot. I hate wearing socks on hot days. Gross. It's just been so chilly here lately that this summer heat wave kinda caught me off guard, but I'll take the sweaty and swollen feet if it means we have some hot fireball star in the sky time.

We shopped a little bit more and even spent a little bit of time playing on a seesaw. Yes, our day was beyond random, but that's how I love it. It was so much fun--until my sister fell off her end of the seesaw when she was high up in the air. She hit the ground with a thud and I thought for sure she broke her arm. She has a pretty righteous bruise. End of see-saw fun times. It turns out her end of the board had a bit of a gangsta lean to the right. That paired with my roughness...well, maybe I'm not the best seesaw partner.

After that fun we drove down to hang out by the lake for a bit. Who knew I'd find more shells down by the lake than I ever do when I go to Florida. I also found a bone. It's probably from a dinosaur. I should be a paleontologist.

We also saw pelicans. They're very interesting and scary looking birds with their pterodactyl-like appearance.

It was just a teensy bit windy today.


I really look like I'm pondering life, don't I? This picture is so deep. It also looks like I just have one leg.

Good day. Full belly. Perfect springy weather and it's the kickoff to my Spring Break and Birthday week. Yeah. I do the week long birthday celebration. I'm that girl, but you probably expected as much from me.

4 comments:

  1. Woo Hoo for spring break and a pink tractor...how FUN!!! Looks like you had great weather and I love that you and your family will drive for good food...can't beat that! Smart on buying the whole pie too! Enjoy the rest of your spring break and Happy Birthday!!!

    Liesl :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. definitely a great way to start off your spring break/birthday week! and a week long birthday celebration is perfectly acceptable :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have heard so much about Patti's. My best friend is from Mayfield and my bro-in-law used to work at camp currie and would visit all the time. After your post, I feel like I should drive over to check it out for myself!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You should be a paleontologist!

    ECC

    ReplyDelete