My two least favorite days of the year are New Year's Eve and Valentine's Day. For me, they've always been two days that have big expectations and usually end in disappointment. Again, that's just my experience. Also, those are two days that are kinda hard on the single gals. Don't get me wrong, I've had NYE and Valentine's experiences when being in relationships that have sucked far worse than my single ones. At least when I'm single I know not to have big build-ups only to be let down. Like last year, for example, when I was dating someone and cooked dinner for him only to have him not show up. Yeah. That was a winning Valentine's Day. I actually think my best Valentine's Day was the year I had mono when I was in college. That should tell you a lot right there.
Okay. Enough already. I'm really not writing this post to whine about my past Valentine misfortunes or my single state. I really don't want to be bitter towards the thought of Valentine's Day. I mean, I should like it, right? Valentine's Day is all about pink stuff. And beautiful flowers. And chocolate! I should love all that because any other day of the year, I do love all that. I'm going to try to have a new outlook on this day of love. I am going to have a good attitude about it this year. Cupid, hit me with your best shot, buddy. Tomorrow I'm going to smile and I WILL be a happy girl. I may not have a man in my life, but I have many others in my life that love me.
I've decided to turn my thoughts away from myself (for once) and not dwell on the fact that I'm "alone" tomorrow. Instead, I'm going to focus on those that I love. I'm going to think about how fortunate I am that I have them in my life and show them that I love them too. It's a day of love. I need to celebrate the love that I do have and not focus on the love that I don't.
Luckily, I get to start my day by seeing my twenty little mini-Valentine's at school. I've missed those kids. I haven't seen them in a whole week. They're going to be so excited about the day and they're so eager to love and proclaim their love to others. I love that about kids.
Happy Valentine's Day to all of you Funny Valentine's! I hope that you have a great day celebrating those that you love. Let's make this Valentine's the biggest love fest ever.
-xoxo
No comments:
Post a Comment