Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Thankity-Spankity.

Ahhh, sookie sookie, now! A big thanks to Heather at Greer's Gossip for the award. She's also a kindergarten teacher, so you know she's good people. This is my very first award and I was more than a little excited about it. It made my day.


Here are the Blog Award rules: 
1. Thank and link back to the person who gave you this award
2. Answer 10 questions
3. Pass it on to 7 bloggers you have recently discovered and enjoy
4. Leave your recipients a note, telling them about the award

The Questions:

1. Why did you create this blog? I've always enjoyed writing. I started my blog as a writing outlet in May 2009. Up until the last couple months, I'd kept it really quiet and just shared it with close friends. I decided it was silliness to not let you all in on my fun. My dirt is your dirt.

2. What kinds of blogs do you follow? There are so many blogs that I love. Some I've followed for a long time and there are many that I have just recently discovered. I don't know that there's a particular theme of the blogs I follow. I just follow those that I find interesting. I love blogs where I can pick up on a person's humor. There's nothing better than a funny and silly person. 
I also follow a lot of teacher blogs. I love stealing ideas from all of the many great teachers that are out there. I wish I could be a student in some of these classrooms. Amazing stuff.

3. Favorite Make-Up Brand? I use Bare Minerals. I've been using it since a trip I took to NYC in 2005 where I bought the starter pack at Sephora. Once I tried it there's been no turning back.

4. Favorite Clothing Brand? I don't really have a favorite brand. I just buy what I like. If it fits (which is sometimes a challenge) and it looks good (which is an even bigger challenge), then I'm sold. I love finding a good sale. Mainly all my jeans are GAP. I love me some Gap, Banana Republic, Forever 21, Charlotte Russe, Francesca's and Target. These are the places I go to get my clothes and accessories.

5. Indispensable Make-Up Product? It's not really considered make-up, but I've got to have my Carmex. I could have a totally made-up face, but if these lips are crusty-crusts...well, gross.

6. Favorite Color: Pink and black are my favorite colors. I wear lots of gray though. Lots.

7. Favorite Perfume: I don't really wear perfume. I'm more of a body splash kinda girl.

8. Favorite Film: My very favorite movie is The Breakfast Club. Some other movies that are near and dear to my heart are: Napoleon Dynamite, The Sweetest Thing, and Bring It On: All or Nothing.

9. What country would you like to visit and why? Uh, duh. Australia. If you live in Australia, hook a girl up and invite me over. I'm so stinkin' happy for Oprah's audience members that get to go on an Australian vacation with her. So. Stinkin'. Happy. I've had a strange obsession with Australia since elementary school. I used to send off for tourist packets. I've had my trip planned for years and years. It just seems like an interesting place and I want to go there and make friends with a koala, kangaroo, wallaby, platypus, emu, and kookaburra and then bring them all home with me. Pretty sure it'll happen.
If your wildest dream is to go to Australia too, then you should be my friend and we'll be travel buddies and go hold koalas.

10. Would you rather put mascara on one eye or forget to put blush on one side of your cheek? 
I'd rather forget the blush. I feel like I look like a completely different person without eye makeup. For real. You don't want to see this girl without her eyes. I have light, short, and thin eyelashes that are non-existent without a little bit of somethin' helping them out.

And now for the part we've all been waiting for. That sounded so dramatic. I'm going to pass on the blog love (in no particular order) to...


  1. Paige at Mommy and Charli
  2. Kelly at Keeping Up With Kelly and Co.
  3. Kristen at All in my Twenties
  4. Liv at Simply Sunshine and Daisy's
  5. Katie at Jersey Blonde
  6. Brittany at Simplicity in Baltimore
  7. Whitney at Everything Happens for a Reason
I've enjoyed getting to know these lovely ladies recently. Check out their blogs if you haven't already.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the award, Sarah!! I too love all of the stores that you listed for clothes... Forever21 and their sister store Heritage 1981 have to be my ultimate faves-- you can find any style of clothes there! And I LOVE "The Breakfast Club" Such a classic :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the award! :) I would love to go to Australia too! I agree about the eye makeup thing.. mascara makes a world's difference!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks girlie :) i love forever 21 and charlotte russe.

    ReplyDelete