I'm making the most out of these snow days. Lovin'. It. We haven't been in school since Thursday. I've only worked six days in the past month. No joke. Six. Between the snow days and Christmas break...six days of work. I kinda feel like I fit in living on my street now. I'm surrounded by retired people. Now I'm just one of 'em.
 |
| Our little dusting of snow this morning. |
 |
| Yeah. I caught her mid-poop. |
Miss Daisy Mae is getting way too used to having me at home so much. She's also loving my heated blanket a little too much. It's become a fight to see who can get to it first. She usually wins. That heated blanket has changed our lives.
 |
| You know she's sleeping good if you see her teeth. |
This morning I had a traditional snow day breakfast. No. I didn't make breakfast. I had my brother deliver it to me. Now that's service (and part of being a brat). My Momma makes them every snow day. They're my Granny D's hot cakes and chocolate gravy. The hot cakes are made from flour, milk, and a bit of bacon grease. That's the stuff. So good. I'm sure they're low-cal. Like that even matters to me anyway. Notice how my hot cakes are completely swimming in butter and chocolate gravy. Maybe I got a tad carried away, but that's what makes them so stinkin' good.
 |
| Mmm. Fatty goodness. |
| This is completely random, but hey. That's me. Saturday night my Favorites came over to my house for a little girl time. We talked about people, watched movies, had some drinks, ate, painted our nails gray, and I got my hair curled. Just a typical night. Ashley and I were sitting in my living room floor as she was curling my hair. I guess we had kinda forgotten that the pizza man would be coming soon. When the doorbell rang we both let out a simultaneous, very loud scream. When I opened the door I asked the pizza man if he heard us scream. He was laughing and said he did. He said, "That was awesome". He witnessed the whole thing too because he could see through the little window in my front door. Pretty sure that made his whole night. Or maybe week. Pretty sure he also thought I was crazy showing up at the door looking the way I did. One half of the hair curled; the other up in clips and crazy. I don't have any pictures of the end result of my beautiful curled hair. I think they're on Ashley's camera, but it did look beautiful. She's hired as my hair curler. |
 |
Pizza Man liked this.
Showing off the gray nails. They're so fetch. I may or may not have said that during the course of the night. Yeah...
Today I've spent some time giving the blog a makeover. You like? I'm still getting used to the big change, but so far, I think I'm really pleased with it. I had my old template since I started blogging over a year and a half ago, so it was time for something different. I've also been cleaning out my closet today. I just have too much stuff. I don't think I use my closet space to its fullest potential. It's a pretty big closet and I'm the only one that has stuff in it. And it's completely full! I feel like I have bags, scarves, and shoes everywhere. If anyone has any genius organization tips for these items, please hook a girl up and fill me in. Seriously. |
Yay for snow days!
ReplyDeleteYour dog is precious! CB would just LOVE her! You and your friends have cracked me up. Girl time is absolutely the best time, ever. I'm sure y'all did make the pizza guys night. I do like the blog makeover, it looks fabulous. I actually one a design recently and am dying to see what it looks like whenever it is finished!
I unfortunately let out a loud, "awwww" (Bachelor-style) when I saw the pictures of Daisy. Love that pooch!
ReplyDeleteI'm loving the grey nail polish too. I really dont like the snow or cold weather but I must agree snow days are great.
ReplyDeleteAs for the french martini I even made my girlfriends taste it and they said it was too strong. I read what was in it on the menu and it sounded delicious, I think I'll have to try it somewhere else bc I dont think they made it all that great. That's funny that you knew exactly what it was by the picture.
Aww, Daisy is adorable! :D
ReplyDeleteAs for organising bags and stuff, sorry, no help here...I have the same problem, heheh.
Haha - I love the pics of your pup! I have a pic of my pup sleeping with her mouth open too. So funny.
ReplyDeleteYay for snow days! Enjoy it while you can :)
daisy mae is adorable! i love the grey nail polish. it is one of my favorite colors to wear on my nails!
ReplyDelete