Starting at this exact moment, I'm going on a facebook free vacation. The length of this vacation will be determined by how many snow days we have this week. Sometimes I get really tired of the fact that facebook is nothing but a bitch fest. Why is it so hard for people to say something positive or uplifting? It's a constant complaint. I'm just tired of it. Really tired of all the negativity. Specifically, I'm tired of the recent complaints about our county snow days. More specifically, the complaints about our snow days as a result of little to no snow. True, we haven't had a significant snow fall on Friday or today, yet we have had both days off school. It seems laughable to a lot of people that we've called off school for a trace of snow. Who really cares? I LOVE snow days and take them when I can get them. Who doesn't like to be at home? I understand snow days cause a hardship on parents. They have to find arrangements for childcare. I totally get that. Those aren't the parents that are doing the complaining though. The Mom's that have been fussing from my school are stay-at-home Mom's. One posted that she was upset about the snow days because having her kids home interfered with her 'me' time. Wow. Just wow.
Until all of these women have driven all 750 miles of county roads to check road conditions for themselves, they need to shut it. Maybe they should all volunteer to be bus drivers since they're so fearless. Our county doesn't have the money or the proper equipment to adequately deal with winter weather. That doesn't make us "idiots" or any of the other really nice names all these people have called our school system recently. We're not pros at driving on the white stuff. I'll be the first to admit that I'm not a winter weather driving extraordinaire. I'd much rather stay at home than potentially kill somebody with my car.
Taking some time away from facebook will probably do wonders for my blood pressure. I'm starting to get mad because they're hatin' on my county and my employer--the school system. If you hate it so much, please do us all a favor and move out of this "idiot" infested place and back to where you came from.
Yeah, we have to make up these days at the end of the year, but let's enjoy the day that we have right now. Enjoy what comes to you. And yes. I just wrote a whole blog complaining about how much people complain. I can do that though because this is my blog. Ahhhhhh. I feel better now.
TOTALLY agree. A day off is a day off. And frankly, I think it's a whole lot easier to get up and going on a sunny warm day than a cold, snowy one! Stay-at-home moms that complain irritate me to the core- you should cherish the time you get to spend with your kids...I mean, we take care of them 5 days a week!
ReplyDeletePreach it sistas!
ReplyDeleteI feel ya on facebook vacations!
ReplyDeleteThanks for the post on my blog Sarah! Yes that was a french martini, my first one ever. They made it very strong, to the point I had trouble drinking it and sent it back. But after they fixed it and it didnt taste like I was drinking straight up vodka it was delicious!!
Cute cute blog. I'm a new follower :)