I actually think about the fact that I have a blog quite often. I'm good at doing a lot of thinking, but not always a lot of action. I think to myself, "Self, this would be a great blog post" or "the masses sure would love to hear this story about you because you're so fabulous". Then I think about the effort involved in writing the post that's in my brain. And I'd have to clean the cheese residue off my fingers from the bag of cheese puffs I just ate to be able to type, and well, I'm just exhausted thinking about it. Getting my story from my brain to my fingertips to the keyboard to the screen just seems like a lot of work most days. That involves so much coming together. So the posts stay in my brain. I'm being really selfish.
I'll just give a quick update about school and then we'll get on with the show. The main event.
The days are just ticking away. We already have 22 days of school down. That is fine by me. Only 14 more days until Fall Break, but I'm not counting down my breaks or anything. My school year is off to a good start. I have a great class that is full of energy. They keep me on my toes. And I've already rearranged my classroom. By the 5th day of school, I'd already changed the tables up and everything. I'm sure it's only the first of many changes.
So I've been gone for a month, and there's sooooooo much we could talk about. I'm in the mood to talk about something pretty important, like, TV. Just when I think TLC can't get any better, they go and do it. They've really out done themselves this time. Their lineup right now is spectacular, guys. I mean, right now they've got a redneck beauty queen family, conjoined twins, and an Amish Real World. That's dynamite. Almost as dynamite as Napoleon.
I need to know who the TLC fans are out there. Raise your hand like you just don't care. I need someone to talk to about these shows. I could tweet about Honey Boo Boo all Wednesday night and I need to know who wants to be in a fan club of sorts with me. It will be like Babysitter's Club but instead of Babysitting, we'll just watch TV at our own houses and tweet and/or blog about it and talk abut them like we know them in real life. Last week all I wanted to say was "Shh. It's a wig" (which is the most clever store name I've ever heard, I might add), but nobody got it. I whispered, "Shh. It's a wig" in the teacher's lounge and I just got cricket sounds.
What's your favorite thing about Honey Boo Boo's family?
credit: TLC
Abby and Brittany.
credit: TLC
Don't send me hate mail, but this show is kind of a train wreck, but I can't look away. I feel like nothing but a huge rubbernecker while I watch this show. I can't really talk about it anymore or I might start to cry.Next up, Breaking Amish.
credit: TLC
Next, let's talk about some not-so-great things I see on TV. Recent infomercials that are making me sick.
First up, the PediSpin.
We know what these are all about, but guys, this PediSpin commercial...it's too much. The shot of the hanging dead foot skin. I don't want to see that--especially not when I'm trying to eat my dinner.
Next, the Tag Away.
Are there any other hot shows that I'm missing out on that I should be tuning in to see? My nights are pretty full, but I could probably squeeze another show in somewhere.
Well, guess I'll see you all next month!





LOL I love Honey Boo Boo but haven't seen the others!
ReplyDeleteSarah, I will blog/tweet/talk with you about Honey Boo Boo anytime! I'm so glad you blogged! :) Also, I feel the same way about the skin tag remover infomercial. Makes me wanna vomit. numerous times.
DeleteThis makes me want cheetos.
ReplyDeleteThe end.
Oh I think Honey Boo Boo is the train wreck of all train wrecks. It creeps me out and makes me sad, yet I cannot look away when it is on either.
ReplyDeleteHil-arious! I am laughing out loud. Our lil redneck friend [who we love dearly] watches the show and quotes often so now my own 5th grade boys have adopted the "you better red-neck-ognize" and it comes out of their mouths All.The.Time. but- it does make me giggle.
ReplyDeleteI am also a lil disturbed at what people are wanting to rid. Made me vomit in my mouth just a bit. Isn't anything left behind closed doors anymore! Thanks for sharing, I think. ;)
~Christy & Tammy cuz she would vomit too!
Fluttering Through First Grade