I have been working like a maniac lately. It's been all work and no play. I've pretty much lived in my classroom, but I haven't really minded it. It's been fun and exciting because I had a completely blank space and made it all my own. Nobody's old stuff to sort through first. Nothing that I felt like I had to keep. All new. And clean. And fresh smelling. Ahhh. So nice.
It will almost be a relief that school is starting because that means I'll just be driving to school once a day. Not 3 or 4 times a day like I have been.
I've met all of my new students. I have a nice class size of 21 so far. I've been a little nervous because this year is full of so many changes. It's the inaugural year of our school. Everything is new. It's still not "home" yet. After the kindergarten and school-wide open houses, though, I'm feeling better. I have some cute kids and very nice and supportive parents. Everyone is excited. I keep going back and forth between excited/nervous/want-to-throw-up nauseous.
The next two days are required teacher work days. I'll add the finishing touches to my room then. I mean, I had it "open house ready", but I still need to finish hanging a few things here and there and organizing some things. Hopefully I'll also find a little bit of time to actually plan for the first two days. That might be a good thing to do.
I'll be back with up close pictures of things in my room once I'm completely finished. I was hating my room about a week ago, but I'm pretty pleased with how it's turned out. Here's a few for now. Take a peek.
Here it is! We're the Rockets, so that explains the rocket stuff in the hallway.
Here's the view from the door. The pictures are a little blurry. I'll take better pictures tomorrow.
To me, the classroom is small compared to my classroom at my old school. We do have really nice vaulted ceilings, though. It's a little scary up there hanging things from the ceiling tiles.
And yes, I already have a light out. I've put in a maintenance request.
I like color. A lot. The room was too "oatmeal" for me and that had to go. Color and patterns everywhere!
I'm a little bit obsessed with chevron right now.
Word Wall.
I had my students color a rocket sheet during the kindergarten open house. Several of them wanted to give me their sheet so I thought I'd go ahead and display some work. Why not, right?
Well, that's all for now. I just wanted to pop in and say "hey"! Talk soon!



I love your word wall!!! Good luck!
ReplyDeleteLindsay
My Life as a Third Grade Teacher
Your classroom looks great! I love the "Class of 2025" over the door. :) Have a great school year!
ReplyDeleteI share your sentiments about the end of summer...boo hiss. The room looks great! I have to go back next Monday for meetings and such {and to finish up my room too}. Kiddos come back on the 20th. {sad sigh}.
ReplyDelete❤Tanya
Ms. Solano's Kindergarten
Your room looks GREAT! I love it. Very clean and organized. I love chevron, too. :)
ReplyDeleteGayla
Teach On.
Hey.....you there? Have the children eaten you alive??? I'm in need of a double dose of Sarah right about now : )
ReplyDeleteHope all is well!
❤Tanya
Ms. Solano's Kindergarten