Something pretty amazing has happened.
I bet you're filled with pure suspense right now. I just bet you are.
Guys, this is BIG.
Huge.
Enormous.
Gigantic.
And another.
I was laughing in this picture. I was imagining I was sipping some soup or gobbling up some porridge.
You all know that I like to rummage around for fun finds in HomeGoods. And then I like to take pictures of all the fun things I find in the store. I'm always on the look out for you guys. I want to keep you current in the latest and greatest home decor items. I'm a Maxxinista.
This spoon can be yours for $50.
It would be expensive to be a giant.
I wish I knew a giant. A real giant. Like a Jack and the Beanstalk giant that lives up in the clouds. That would be fun. And if this giant had a birthday or was getting married, I would have an excuse to purchase this larger than life spoon for him. Then I would have the challenging task of finding a way to gift wrap it and try to disguise it so that it's not totally obvious to the giant that it's a giant spoon. Man.
It's really too bad I don't have any giant friends.
I am jealous of the person that walked up to the cash register with this huge spoon. The best part would have been seeing all of the reactions they got from everyone else in the checkout line.
If I had walked up to the checkout with this spoon, I bet people would have had thoughts like this:
"What exactly is this girl going to do with this spoon?"
"Will she hang it on her wall as art? Or perhaps use it as a mirror of sorts to look at her reflection?"
"Will this be her ice cream spoon? Will she dump an entire carton of ice cream in it so that she can eat the whole carton at once (because she looks like she likes ice cream a whole lot)?"
"Does she date a giant?"
The next fun part would have been taking the giant spoon out to the car. On a sunny day the glare from the spoon would have probably blinded someone in the parking lot. And then you'd be responsible for a parking lot fender bender.
That spoon was so big that it would have taken up the length of an entire backseat.
I hope that spoon has a good home. But most of all, I hope the person that bought it had a great time during the purchase and packing process. I'm sure they did. It takes a special kind of person to buy a giant spoon, after all.
Remember this gem that I found at HomeGoods once upon a time?
The giant magnifying glass for giants.
I guess HomeGoods likes to carry objects for our big and tall friends. I really respect that they're a store for all peoples. They don't believe in a 'one size fits all' way of life. Way to go, HomeGoods. I salute you.
Oddly enough, I also found the smallest hat of all time this past weekend. I went up to Cincinnati for the weekend with a group of girls to help my friend Ashley find her wedding dress. After dress shopping, we hit up the mall. While in H&M, I found this tiny hat that just blew my mind.
Ashley said, "You could probably write an entire blog post about that hat".
Right, indeed! I had to have a picture with it.
Please notice the tag.
Now tell me, what exactly is the purpose of this hat, H&M? Who is it for? No human has a head that small. Not even babies.
It might fit a doll. Maybe a squirrel.
I don't know. I don't get it.
This just goes to show that there's something for everybody out in this world. Big or small, tall or short.
All I know is it's a beautiful world full of magnificent giant and itsy-bitsy things.
Glad we're all able to fit in this world so nicely together.
Okay.
Stick aspoon fork in me. I'm done.
Glad we're all able to fit in this world so nicely together.
Okay.
Stick a



Fabulous writing! You have a gift with words! And excellent post too! Love the personal pictures!!!
ReplyDeleteThat spoon is too funny! I'm glad you took a picture, because who would have thought such a spoon was even out there?!
ReplyDelete-Megan
First Grade Magic
HAHA :) What a hilarious post! Have a great rest of your day :)
ReplyDeleteLisa :)
Made In The Shade In Second Grade
I loved reading this post! You are too funny!
ReplyDeleteI would love for you to come visit me if you get the chance!
Heather
Heather's Heart