Uh, hey guys. Remember me? I didn't really intend on taking a month long absence. But. Well. I did. My last post was on January 10th. Here it is February 5th. Dang. A month passes by awfully quickly. The sad thing is that I had 4 different posts drafted during this past month. I just never published them. That was dumb of me.
I feel like I'm in unfamiliar territory right now. Like I don't really know what to do or how this blogging thing works. If we were face to face I'd be stammering and wouldn't be able to hold eye contact with you. I feel all awkward like I'm a stranger around these parts. I'm glad you're still here.
Some of you checked in on me to make sure I was okay. I love you guys. And I've missed you crazy kids. It is rare for me to be this quiet for this long of a stretch of time. A month is a long time to not speak. I feel like Tin Man from The Wizard of Oz. I need oil squirted around my mouth. Or maybe on my fingers so that they will work a little better and start typing.
What have you missed over the past month? Well. Not much really. I've mainly been a fixture on my couch. That's about it. Pretty lame. I didn't go on any exciting adventures. I don't have any great stories, but you all know that won't stop me from rambling on for the next few minutes. So let's get to it, shall we?
If I was quick and to the point, I could simply say: snow day. school. oreos. snot. crossroads. thinking. decision making.
But we all know I'm long-winded and that everything requires long, detailed, explanations.
I had my first snow day of the school year. It fell on the Friday before MLK day, so we received a glorious 4 day weekend. Couldn't have worked out better. Our snowfall amount for the season is a whopping 1.4". A minimal dusting is all we need to keep a school bus in park. I wouldn't want it any other way.
My first snow day this year has also been the only snow day. Let me repeat that. We've only had one snow day this year. ONE! It's just malarky. I think I briefly lost my mind somewhere around mid-January. I'm not used to working this many consecutive days during the winter. I guess it's just taken a lot out of me. These 5 day work weeks are exhausting. And spring break isn't until April. Lord help me.
Let's see. What else?
Oh yeah. A new semester of grad school has begun. But that involves talking about things like discussion boards, and textbooks, and classmates that I don't want to know in real life. That's not a fun topic, so we'll just skip right over that.
Here's something interesting. My life has slightly been changed. By Peanut Butter Oreo Fudge Cremes. They can be found at a grocery store near you. They're delectable. Go getyoself some. Unless you're allergic to peanut butter. Because that would be a horrible idea. And I don't want to receive the blame for that.
Here's something not-so-interesting. The past two weeks I've been sick with a stupid cold. A Buick has been parked on my chest. A Buick with a big, old lady and like 50 of her cats. That's a lot of chest congestion and pressure. Being sick is stupid. I've been cranky and just trust me--you didn't want to hear from me. My posts would have been nothing but rants. Last week was full of early bedtimes and boringness for me. I'm feeling better- still not top-notch, but much more like the me I was born to be. Not a snotty, sound-like-a-man, irritable, not-as-cool version of myself.
I fully believe I wouldn't have been sick if we'd had more snow days. We've all been cooped up with our germs just thriving. Constant togetherness brings about sickness. Frequent breaks from school helps to kill off the germies. Thanks a lot, mother nature.
Other than being stupid and sick, I've had a lot on my mind and even more on my to-do list.
During the past weeks, life has mainly been full of a lot of reflecting and decision making. Change is blowing in. It's blowing in whether I want it to or not. Some of it is unknown and scary, but I'm excited by the thoughts of possibilities. I can't really go into any of it now, but that's where my mind has been. Very preoccupied by my own thoughts, scenarios, and what-ifs. Things are in a crossroads, if you will.
And now let's take a moment for a song throwback because that made me think of Bone Thugs-N-Harmony's Crossroads. "Hey, and we pray, And we pray, And we pray. Everyday, Everyday, Everyday, Everyday. See you at the Crossroads, Crossroads, Crossroads..."
Yep. I'm praying. And I'm at a crossroads. Life theme song right now.
I'll go ahead and wrap this up because I'm kind of bored with this post. I have one that's much more fun in my mind and I want to write it instead. It's a good one. I promise I won't wait a month to publish it.

Oh how I have missed you!
ReplyDeleteL.O.V.E. the Peanut Butter Oreos! Well, Oreos in general {not the double stuff though}.
Hope you're feeling better soon!
❤Tanya
Ms. Solano's Kindergarten
I am glad you are back! I also hear you on the snow days...we've only had two....TWO! Not only do I need one, so do the kiddos!
ReplyDelete-Megan
First Grade Magic
Glad you are back!!!
ReplyDeleteWe never get snow days in San Antonio. N.E.V.E.R.
didn't know what I was missing until blogging!!!
Love ya!!!
So glad you are back! I am right there with you on being sick-its awful. We only had 1 snow day too-I'm definitely ready for another one! Hope you have a marvelous monday and that you feel much better!
ReplyDelete~Allyce~
I am glad you are back!
ReplyDeleteI never get a snow day in Texas...we did have an ice day though! =)
Of course, it was 80 degrees last week and will getr down in the 20's this week! :P
Heather
Heather's Heart