Sunday, January 8, 2012

I'm Blue Like Baby Carter.

Guys. I've got nothin'. My writing well has run dry. I have no stories. No bits of genius wisdom.

The most exciting news I received from the weekend is that Babyonce was born. Jay-Z (my rapper crush) and Beyonce welcomed Blue Ivy Carter into this world yesterday. That was exciting and it leads me to my deep thought for the day: if you were going to name your child a color, what would it be? Magenta? Aquamarine? Persimmon? Purple Mountain Majesty?

And did you know they rented out the entire hospital floor for the birth? They paid 1.3 million to do that. Sounds pretty reasonable. I just hope they don't plan on having like 10 kids in the future. This could get pretty expensive. I don't know if Jay-Z and Beyonce, being the mega music moguls that they are, can afford something like that.

Also, Beyonce checked into the hospital on Friday night under the name "Ingrid Jackson". This leads me to my next deep thought: if you had a fake name, what would it be?

I need help. Help me out of my bloggers block, friends. I want to write. I think I've just forgotten how. So I'm polling the audience.

What do you want to hear? Randoms? A serious story? Facts? A classroom post? Is there anything you want to know--any questions for me? Do you enjoy that I'm remaining quiet? I need your ideas and suggestions.

Help a girl out, please and thanks.

Oh, and if anyone can explain to me why the quote under my blog title has taken a cue from Mrs. Beyonce herself and gone "to the left, to the left", can you help me out with that too? It's driving me bonkers! It needs to be centered again.

7 comments:

  1. I like the idea of Purple Mountains Majesty. The trouble is knowing the last name. Purple Mountains Majesty sounds better with your last name than it does mine. I would maybe try "Macaroni and Cheese Hagan" but my body hates cheese so that wouldn't be nice to put my kid through.

    I'm suffering writer's block too at the moment, but from you I think I want to hear...hmm. Stream of consciousness from while you watch the Bachelor? I know you kind of do it on Twitter and it cracks me up, but just opening up a post and typing every single thing as you think it and publishing 'em together would be hilarious, I am sure of it.

    Other ideas- anything weird happen with your massage the other day? Or is that just me that has weird experiences there? So worth it though..

    That's all I got for now. Hope it helped at least a little!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It doesn't sound like writer's block at all. You are HILARIOUS...to the left to the left. OMG...
    maybe you should be our gossip of the stars teacher blogger. I feel very informed...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with Reagan - even when you're not writing, you're writing! :)
    I have no ideas for you. Today I talked about clothes because I had nothing to write, either.
    I get it.
    A Teeny Tiny Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  4. At least you're writing!!!! My block is so bad I can't even click "new post" You make me laugh with or without writers block...so just keep doing you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. To the left, to the left...you freakin crack me up. And seriously...these names are whack...just because you are famous you dont need to ruin your child's future by naming them something so odd...like Blue, and Apple.

    ReplyDelete
  6. hey - i'm a new follower. great blow, btw!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I will read whatever you write! I get so excited when I receive an email alert that you have a new post. Sounds like I need to get a life...

    ReplyDelete