Fact: I went out with my friends last night to enjoy some holiday friendship time.
Fact: "It's the holidays" was my phrase of the night. I don't understand it either. "May I have a cherry? It's the holidays." "I have to go to the bathroom. It's the holidays." "I want a short stack of pancakes. It's the holidays."
Fact: A kind anonymous patron bought our meals and drinks at the restaurant. That's three meals and a whole lotta drinks. It's the holidays.
Fact: Because we had a free dinner, I thought it would probably be a good idea for us to go eat another dinner somewhere. *Please note several hours passed between dinners.
Fact: We went to IHOP because I had been wanting a stack of pancakes for three days. And everyone was probably sick of hearing me talk about pancakes. You want a hungry pancake obsessed girl to shut up? Give the girl pancakes.
Fact: Pancakes are delicious.
Fact: International is the key word in International House of Pancakes. And it's not about the pancakes, guys. It's international in terms of the diverse grouping of people under one roof. I understand that now.
Fact: My eyeballs beheld so many wonders last night. People of all shapes, colors, and sizes. People of all clothing and hair stylings (my personal favorite being the periscope-shaped bun). People from far off lands like caves, and holes, and bubbles. And possibly the depths of outer space.
Fact: When I can't sleep I'm going to start going to IHOP to conduct case studies and take notes for future blog posts.
Fact: A woman squealed like a pig in the restaurant. Just out of nowhere. She was having a conversation with what I'm going to assume was her husband. And she just squealed. Maybe the sight of bacon just overcomes her. Maybe they're sympathy pangs for the pig that perished. I don't know.
Fact: It sounded just like this little pig who cried all the way home:
Fact: Pigs are delicious.
Fact: You know what's not so delicious? Applesauce. There was a container of applesauce sitting in the middle of the road as I was driving home last night. Now that I'm thinking about it, it was raining...was food falling from the sky? Uh-oh. I've seen the movie Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs. Kinda scared, guys.
Fact: A person in my neighborhood has a Christmas sweatshirt hanging in the front window of their house.
Fact: Christmas sweatshirts, while they look stunning and stylish on the body, are not a substitute for window treatments. Or proper Christmas decor.
Fact: The people that live in that house were probably among the patrons at IHOP last night.
Fact: Because I'm feeling like a bragger, I just need to let you all know that I got an A in my Gifted & Creative Psy grad class. Receiving an A is a rare occurrence for me, so it needs to be documented. Here. For all to read.
Fact: I love you all so much and if I could sing you a Christmas song right now, I so would. I would sing it so loud and so hard. But, it's the holidays, so I won't.
Just to warn you there isn't a great selection of people who cook for IHOP too. Yikes. I really want to go but I'm pretty sure all convicts may work there... =/
ReplyDeleteLove that you did a holiday themed facts post...super fun! I can only imagine what the sweatshirt in your neighbors front window looked like! Congrats on your grad class grade too! Happy Holiday!
ReplyDeleteLiesl :)
Baha! Squealed like a pig! Out of nowhere!! I LOL'ed big time when I read that! LOVE.
ReplyDeleteI forgot to mention this before...but I was born in good ole' Bowling Green! Yep! It's true! I moved to Louisville shortly thereafter and subsequently graduated from U of L about 6ish years ago. The Mr. and I now live in Alabama - but Kentucky is and always will be our home!!
Hahaha....the woman squealed like a pig. That gave me a great laugh! :)
ReplyDeleteThis post had me laughing out loud. Your hair comment made me think of the lady I saw at the mall yesterday...YIKES! Think woman in her late 50's wearing WAY WAY WAY too much makeup and self tanner. Lots of strange coats as well as her own hair was all matted to her head and she had purchased and styled at least 3 separate hair extensions (extensions were bleach blonde too...) It was awful.I sort of wish I had taken a picture... Merry Christmas!
ReplyDeleteHa! You are crackin' me up!
ReplyDeleteOK, I awarded you the Liebster Award over on my spankin' new teaching blog--holla!
ReplyDeletehttp://teach-on.blogspot.com
You can check out my classroom blog for much more to see; I've had it for 3 years:
http://mrs-cockrells-class.blogspot.com