Wednesday, February 16, 2011

A Wee Bit of Me Wednesday.

This is my first time to link up with Leigh. I really enjoyed answering these questions. Fun stuff.

{one} what is your favorite breakfast food?
I'm really not a breakfast eater. Never really have been. The few times I eat breakfast I like fast food items (of course). I love Chick-fil-A's chicken biscuit and McDonald's country ham biscuit. So good they're stupid.


{two} how many pairs of shoes do you currently own?
I have SO many shoes. Over 100 pairs. This is not an estimation. It's close to an exact count. Once I counted just my flip-flops and had over 50 pairs. I was curious amount how many other shoes I own, so I just went back to my closet to do a rough count. I have approximately 70 pairs of other shoes (tennis shoes, boots, sandals, flats, wedges, heels). I lurve shoes.


{three} city or country?
Country is more my style. I love visiting a large city but could never live in one. I'm not cut out for city life. I like my town. It's like Baby Bear's stuff from Goldilocks and the Three Bears--it's just right. We've got Nashville just 45 minutes south if I need a city fix. 
I love some country though. There was nothing better than spending time on my grandparents farm when I was growing up. Everyone should be exposed to wide-open spaces every now and then. It's good for the soul.


{four} what is your favorite part of your job?
I have three favorites about my job:
1.)My students. I love my group of kids this year. They are so much fun. They have huge personalities and are funny little people. They make me laugh each day. 
2.)My teaching assistant. She's my right hand woman. She balances me out in the classroom and has strengths where I am sometimes lacking. I'm with her 7 hours a day, 5 days a week. It's a good thing we like each other.
3.)My teaching team. I love these ladies. I mentioned them in my What I'm Loving Wednesday post below.


{five} what is your favorite junk food to snack on?
Cheese (mainly pepper jack), banana peppers, and pepperoni. That's my standard snack trio when I'm at home. I also have a pretty serious love affair with ice cream and all things chocolate. Okay. Really I eat anything and everything.


{six} have you ever been mentioned in the newspaper?
Yes. I've had stories done on me twice. Embarrassed.

The first article was a story about my cat, Piper (she is no longer living). This was my childhood cat that I adored and had for 18 years. During the last year of her life, she some how ended up in a town 30 miles away. Still have no idea how she got there. The newspaper heard about our story and dubbed her the 'traveling cat'. A person in the town 30 miles up the interstate found her in the Wal-Mart parking lot and then took her home to care for her and find who she belonged to...but not before stopping at Wendy's to order Piper some chicken nuggets. I can't make this stuff up.
Anyway, the story ended happily. We got her back and she lived out the last few months of her life happily at home. The picture that was featured in the newspaper along with the story was kinda cheesy. Okay, really cheesy. It's me holding Piper and my family and ex-fiance are all standing (more like creeping) in the background. 

The second article was done on the first day of school my first year of teaching. Front page, baby. 
The article was "Starting school again: New teacher begins at elementary alma mater". Yes. Breaking news. I am now teaching where I went to elementary school. Obviously our town is desperate for news events. That day was crazy. It was my first ever day teaching. I had 24 kindergarteners, crying parents, a journalist taking notes on every word I said (not knowing what moronic phrases he was going to quote and put in the paper)  and a photographer snapping pictures every few seconds all in my classroom at once. I knew then that if I could survive all that, I'd make it with this teaching thing.
This article actually hangs in my classroom, so I snapped a picture of it today.


{seven} do you use post-it notes?
Heck yes I do. I'm a teacher. I use them daily at school.

When I'm at home, I use the 'notes' app on my iPhone. I burn that thing up. I jot notes about everything in it. A listing of restaurant Happy Hours to blog ideas to shopping lists. If a post-it note goes in my purse...it gets lost forever. Having my "notes" on my phone guarantees that they're in one place. Best app ever.


{eight} do you have freckles?
A few have popped up during the past couple years due to my time in the sun. Souvenirs from the sun.


{nine} is it okay for men to wear pink?
I admire a guy that has the guts to wear pink. I like a pink collared shirt on a guy. A light pink though. Not hot pink.


{ten} when was the last time you wrote a letter to someone on paper?
I've actually written letters within the past year to a couple people but then never passed them on to the recipients. I think it's more of a way for me to get out my feelings. I express myself better when I'm writing. Once I get it out for myself, I'm cool.
I also wrote a letter to a guy that was going to be my supposed pen pal about a year and a half ago. It was his idea to be pen pals. I wrote him. He never wrote me back. Lame.

1 comment:

  1. Okay, I swear we are sisters! Chick-Fil-A, ah kill me because I love me some chicken minis like no other! Not to mention I love cheese and pepperoni's but sadly you lost me after men wearing pink! It freaks me out, unless it's boxers! ha.

    ReplyDelete