Thursday, February 17, 2011

I'm a Fake.

I've been debating a hair color change for a few weeks now, but this week I've been thinking about it extra hard. My hair is looking rough. It's time for an appointment. Either get the standard blonde highlights or go dark...back to my roots.
I was born a blondie. Pretty much a white headed little child. The blonde changed to a dirty blonde with puberty and then progressively got darker through the years. It would lighten back up during the summers, but I was every bit a brown haired girl. One night this week, I pulled out an old photo album from around the time that I remembered first starting the highlighting process. I first went blonde after a trip I took to Vegas. I was 20. I've been blonde for 7 years so I had completely forgotten just how dark my natural hue was. It was much darker than I remembered. Are you ready for it?
DARK! Can you believe it? Pardon the rolled out bottom lip. I was pretending to be sad because we had just landed in Vegas and saw the slot machines in the airport. I was 20. I couldn't "play or loiter near slot machines". Eh. Rules, shmules. My age didn't stop me from partaking.
Even after seeing this picture and the drastic change it would be to go back to this, I had convinced myself I was ready to do it. I'm kind of second guessing myself now though. I just read Babbling Abby's latest post and she wrote about getting her highlights done and returning to her brighter blonder self. Seeing her fresh do made me start really wondering if I'll regret it and if it will be too drastic of a change to go back. By the way, if you haven't checked out Abby's blog, well, you should. Her blog is one of my favorites. She's a KY girl. And a teacher. And she's funny.

I JUST DON'T KNOW! Isn't it sad that this is one of my biggest stresses of the week? Good grief. I know it's just hair and it shouldn't be that big of an issue...but who am I kidding. It is. It's surrounding my face and I have to look at the hot mess every day.

I think I'm just in one of those moods. I'm ready for some ch-ch-changes. The itch for change is blowing in with this warmer weather. I'm also feeling kinda blah-ish lately. Today was definitely one of those blah days. It was a bitchy day. A fat and bloated day. Seriously felt gross. My stomach felt huge and my hind end felt even bigger. Did that stop me from eating though? Heck no. I just ate even more. I ate lunch during my normal lunch time and then I left during planning with two of my teaching teammates to go get McDonald's. I got a whole meal there. Lunch part II. Pitiful. And this is why my butt is so big. We rarely leave the building during our planning time, but today it was a desperate situation. We needed comfort food. We had to make it through the rest of the afternoon and through a long faculty meeting after school. The fast food run was more than necessary. You understand.

So, ladies. Any advice? Have any of you gone from blonde to brown? Did you love it so much or did you hate it? Do you think I should play it safe and stay light or try to get back towards my natural look?  Yea or nay?

6 comments:

  1. Wow! I never realized that it was actually that dark before. I don't know...part of me thinks that you should stay blonde. Especially for summertime. Buuuuut, if you have been thinking about it a lot lately, then there is probably a reason. It's just hair. You can always change your mind again later. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually love that dark hair photo! But I totally get what you are saying! For the last year my hair has been the lightest its ever been and while I love it it is a pain in my bee-hind to keep up, I am thinking of going darker-ish soon maybe we can swap inspiration photos! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girl it costs me an arm and a leg to keep my blonde up. So annoying! I'd like to think I'd look good as a brunette, but when I put low-lites in, I hate it (on me) but Lovvvvvvveeeeeee it on everyone else! I wish I could go back to au-naturale! (but I must say the hi-lites do give me a lotta body and I do love the extra oomph in my stylin'!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never gone from blonde to brown (always been brown) but if you're ready for a change then you should do it! or maybe something close but not quite so dark to work up to it?

    Good luck figuring it out! It'll look great either way :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah, I know the struggles and stresses of wanting a change but not wanting to have to KEEP it up! It costs so much for me to keep my up my hair anymore, but blonde is just "who I am" now and I look ridiculous with brown hair, not to mention like a vampire because I'm so pale! I think for the Summer it is a must to be blonde! But that's just me, maybe whenever fall comes around you'll want dark and then just keep it that way?!
    ...I tell myself that every.single.year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just gave you a blog award! Hope you're having a great weekend!

    http://pearlsandpinkpolkadots.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete