Friday, January 7, 2011

I loved my rain day.

Today was such a great day.  We were off school for a snow day, err, rain day.  Yeah.  We were supposed to get snow so we were off more as a pro-cautionary thing and then it ended up just being rain.  I was fine with being off work though. Everyone loves a day off. Here is the one little patch of snow I found in my backyard.
Can you see it?  Under the tree?  Our local news station accepts photos of weather-ish things to show on the news.  I thought about submitting this.  It's pretty impressive, don't ya think? Hilarious. I love the South.

I slept in a bit and then got out for some shopping.  Based on the denim shirts and Feds (fake Keds) that I saw, it looks like fashion is throwing it back to my childhood.  Check out these little babies that I saw at Forever 21:
They came in a variety of colors and patterns.  Fancy.  Doesn't it just bring you back to being an 8 year old?
While I was out, I got a couple of tops and a new pair of kicks. No, I didn't get the lovely shoes pictured above.  You're disappointed in me, I know.  I've been wanting a pair of black Chucks only since forever.  I had a pair of blue ones in middle and high school that I wore until they could be worn no more.  I've missed them and wanted them to be in my life once again.
I had some snuggle time with my Daisy Mae.  She was a little scared and buried her head because some moron was shooting off fireworks in our neighborhood...on January 7th.  Keepin' it classy in my hood.
I finished off the night by going out with my girlfriends.  I was planning on staying in, but being the good friend she is, Ashley convinced me to come out. I was glad I did. I heard a story that changed my life and my views on shrimp forever. 
All in all, a really great day and night.  I am one happy girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment