Thursday, January 20, 2011

I like funny kids.

I love to laugh. I love funny people. This year I'm lucky to have some pretty funny little kids in my class. They have big personalities and are pretty outspoken. I love that about them. Today was a funny day. Here are some funny stories.

This morning during literacy centers, a pair of students were playing a beginning sounds game. They had a picture of a rabbit and needed to find the 'r' card to match it. One of the kids matched the rabbit up to the letter 'w'. The kid said, "Wabbit. It goes with W." The other student ran over to me so upset. He said, "I keep telling her that it's rrr-rabbit. Not wabbit." Aw. Poor kid.

One of my little girls (we'll call her T) came up to me to say that another girl (we'll call her G) told her that G and her whole family were black. T was so confused. She said, "G keeps saying that she is black and her whole family is black, but they're not. Her skin is brown. It's not black. I know my colors." I love how literal kindergarten kids are.

I wore my cowgirl boots to school today. One of my kids told me he liked them. He said, "Oooh! I like those. But where are those goldish-sharp things?" My spurs... ;)

The same little girl from above story, T, was talking to me about shopping. She said she wished I could take her shopping. Then it led into she wished I could take all the girls in our class shopping. Mainly for American Girl dolls. She stopped and thought about it a second and then said, "But then everyone might think you're like John and Kate plus 8 because you'd have so many kids. Never mind."

4 comments:

  1. i absolutely love the cute things kids say!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, they are absolutely precious! I can only imagine how many "good laughs" these kiddos give you everyday! The story of T and G about her family being black, really cracked me up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha! i love the last story about john and kate plus 8. lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lol kids so the cutest things! The john and kate story cracked me up! So did the colors one :)

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete