I had the pleasure of having my brother spend Saturday night and all of Sunday with me at my house. We had to be out at our parents house for a Christmas gathering Sunday evening, so we just hung around my house until then. I did laundry and cleaned my closet. He watched football. Typical stuff. Around 5:30 I gathered up my stuff (which includes Daisy, of course) and went out to the garage to get in my car to head out to my parents. Adam couldn't pull himself away from the football game, so he was going to wait and come a little later. I started my car and noticed my gas light was still on. I was grumbling inside my head about having to stop in the cold and get gas. I put my car in reverse and backed on out of the garage. I didn't make it very far until I heard metal on metal--BAM! "Oh my Lord, what did I just hit!?!" Daisy's face was priceless. She was sitting in her seat (the passenger seat) and looked scared to death. I then realized that Adam was at my house, which means his truck was in my driveway, which meant that I just hit his truck. Crap. I'm just used to backin' on out my garage as fast as I please because nothing is ever in my way. This time something was in my way and it was a huge Tundra. I mean, I slammed into it. It's really unfortunate that one of my neighbors wasn't out in their yard with a video camera. They would have won a cash prize. I bet it was hilarious seeing me back out of my garage all fuming because I had to go get gas only to slam ferociously into the front of my brother's truck.
Well, after the hit, I pulled back into my garage and shut off my car. I wasn't too worried about Adam's truck. I figured it would be fine. I was afraid to get out of the car though because I just knew my bumper was probably all smashed in. Leave it to me. That's the kind of wreck I get into. One in my own driveway.
I got out and inspected both of our cars. Nothing. No paint transfer, no ding, no dents. Nothing. 'Tis the season to be jolly and praise God from whom all blessings flow! Woo!
I went back inside my house where Adam was still watching football. I came in and said, "Yeah, I forgot all about your truck being parked directly behind my car". He says, "It's a good thing you remembered it was there." To which I reply, "No, Adam, I didn't remember. I hit your truck." That snapped him out of his football coma. He flew up off my recliner and went running outside. I told him to relax because nothing happened. It was all good and he was relieved. I actually laughed about my little car slam the whole way to my parents.
It's just a typical Sarah situation. Only me.
Here's another little funny for your Monday. As I was typing this little story, I was doing so sitting on the floor leaning against the front of my recliner. Daisy was sitting on the floor beside me. A huge wave of gas exited my bottom and the way I was perched on the floor made it extra loud. Daisy was so scared that she jumped. Seriously all four paws off the ground. Once she landed back safely on the ground, she cocked her head to the side in that cute dog fashion while starring at my butt. I imagine her thoughts were something along the line of, "My, that butt made a loud sound". Then she did the typical dog thing and started to sniff the air. I'm sure it smelled delicious. That made my Monday. Fart stories make every day for me though. I hope in some strange way it brought you delight as well.
No comments:
Post a Comment