Sopapilla Cheesecake
2 cans crescent rolls
2 pkgs. cream cheese
2 cups sugar
1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
1 stick butter, melted
1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
Line a 9x13 baking dish with 1 can of crescent rolls. Pinch seams together. Mix together cream cheese, 1 1/2 cups sugar, and vanilla. Beat until creamy. Spread on top of crescents. Take the other can of crescents and cover the top of the cream cheese mix. Press seams together to cover. Pour melted butter on top of crescents. Mix together remaining 1/2 cup sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle evenly on top of butter. Bake at 350 for about 35-40 minutes.
When I made these I kinda misread the recipe (shocking) and mixed the butter, sugar and cinnamon all together, then poured on top of crescents. Sometimes I don't pay attention, but I don't guess it really matters-- it all works out the same in the end. They were still delish.
About 20 minutes into the baking time my mouth was watering. My whole house smelled like cinnamon sugar love. Once they came out of the oven, I let them cool for just a bit so I wouldn't get a roof-of-my-mouth severe burn, but I tore into one as soon as I could. Oh.my.stinkin'.goodness. So great fresh and hot out of the oven. I refrigerated the little delicious cheesecake babies overnight and then cut into bars and took some to a little ugly Christmas sweater party the next night.
These things are great right out of the fridge and even better when they’re warmed up just a bit, like, in the microwave for 10 seconds. These make a great dessert and also a great breakfast. Not that I had one or four of these bars for breakfast...I'm just thinking they'd be a pretty fabulous breakfast treat all warmed up.
Make these. I'm passing on this recipe to better your life.
| Fresh out the oven. |
| Here's a square all warmed up. Mmm. |
No comments:
Post a Comment