Friday, October 8, 2010

Patti's


Many people that live in the BG area have made the two hour trek to Grand Rivers, Kentucky to experience Patti's. My family has always believed that no distance is too great to travel for good food.  It's a pretty good way to live life.  Patti's is good food. It's worth the drive. Patti's is famous for their pork chops. Below is the pork chop that I ordered. Check out all that greasy-grease. Mmm.

Next up...PIE!  If you know a thing or 42 about me, then you know I like pie.  Patti's knows pie.  They have meringue that will reach out and slap ya.  The meringue on their pies is a guaranteed 4-6 inches high.  Impressive, yes.  Check out this little pie baby.  It looks like a big shark fin.  Did I eat all of this after eating my meal and a whole pot of bread (they bake their break in flowerpots, P.S.)?
Heck yes I did.
Patti's is like a little wonderland. You can go there and get really super great food, visit some shops, and see a miniature zoo (to me it was a fun little zoo).  They have a pig named Esther, rabbits, a chicken, a turkey, a rooster, geese (that aren't afraid to attack), and a whole herd of cats on the loose.  It's pretty fantastic.  All of the animals kind of made me feel like I was in my backyard for a second, but then realized I couldn't be at my house because food of this caliber does not nor will ever exist at Sarah's household.  Only at Patti's, dear friends, only at Patti's.

No comments:

Post a Comment