Thursday, October 7, 2010

Hoarders.

I have become addicted to the show Hoarders. This show is so beyond crazy. These people just amaze me with all their crazy junk piles. How they live like they do is beyond me. Whenever the show is on, I'm watching it. Monday nights are the worst yet best night ever because they play episode after episode. While I'm sitting on my hind end watching Hoarders, my house is going to turn into a hoarders house because I'm watching TV instead of cleaning my house. "Can't see TV...too much junk in the way." It makes me feel guilty and scared because I know I sure don't want to be on Hoarders one day.
I mean, I can understand junk and clutter getting out of control. Come take a gander out in my garage. You'll see some useless junk. Everyone accumulates some stuff that you just don't know what to do with. The majority of my house stays tidy and organized, but we've all got our junk spots. Maybe it's a junk drawer, or a closet, or a garage. Maybe for some people that are ultra anal and don't save anything it's just a junk shoebox. But for some that are at the total opposite end of the spectrum, it's a whole junk house and then sometimes overflows to a junk yard and shed.
One episode showed workers shoveling trash, literal trash (open up a food wrapper and throw it on the floor of your house lazy person kinda trash) and dust and dirt out of a ladies house. They came across a couple of flat, dead cat carcasses buried beneath the rubble. What!?! How does that even happen. The lady said, "Well, I was wondering where those cats ran off to. I thought they ran away." Lawsee. It wears me out.
The disturbing part is there are obviously a lot of people that have homes like this. They show two cases during each episode. They also list a statistic at the beginning of each show that there are 3 million Hoarders. Dang. It kinda makes me wonder if there are any hoarders on my street or if anyone that I work with is secretly a hoarder. Hmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment