Saturday, October 23, 2010

Favorite things I've heard from Kindergarteners this year.

The last few school years, I have kept a notebook of 'Funny Kid Comments'.  So far, my best years for quotes have been my 3rd year of teaching and my current year (year 5).  I think these classes have had the most personality and what I'd dub a 'class clown'.

"My butt has a crack in it."  (So this kid is in another class, but I heard her say it on the way in from recess one day.  It's just too good to not post.)

"Where have you been all my life?"

"I love this place."

"Are we gonna live here for a few minutes?"

"Balloons are awesome.  They float."

"I love sugar.  It's so sweet.  It's just sugary."

Being said about peers in a center: "They're not working with me.  They're shareless."

"I don't wanna grow up.  It weirds me out."

This was said to me:  "I wish I was all growned up so I could marry you.  I would like that.  Then we could go to the movie theater and play games together."

This was said to me during circle time:  "Is your leg wooden?  It's so brown and shiny."

One of my kids really likes pumpkins among many other things.  I asked him why he likes pumpkins so much.  His response, "Because they're awesome.  They live in Halloween."

No comments:

Post a Comment