Saturday, May 8, 2010

One Lost Sole

Today I was driving down Scottsville Road and noticed a tennis shoe in the middle of the road. It's not often that I see things like a shoe on the road. They just don't belong there. It's like opening up my fridge and seeing an untouched chocolate pie. It's just not natural. The few times that I have seen a random shoe on the road, I begin to wonder about how that lone shoe ended up there...

Possible shoe-loss scenarios:

1. Did a runner run out of their shoe and just decide to not go back to retrieve it?

2. Maybe a fight broke out in a car while driving down the road. One of the passengers takes off their shoe and throws it at another passenger. It sails past the passenger's head and flies out the open car window.

3. The chicken dropped it when it was crossing the road? (Yeah, that one was pretty stupid, but I had to.)

What scenarios do you have?

I mean, really. Have you ever seen a lost pair of shoes on the road? I haven't. If I did, and they were nice and fashionable, I'd sure pull my car over and run across the lanes of traffic to snatch them up. It's always just been one shoe though. One lonely, lost sole.

1 comment: