Tuesday, February 23, 2010

You need a drink, Ms. Marcum


During the week of school Valentine festivities, I let each student in my class make a Valentine for someone special in his or her life. Read: afternoon time-killer activity. One of my students very proudly presented me with the above Valentine that he made for me. The little person is him and the big person is me, of course. If you look closely you will see two stickers located on my nicely drawn bod. One is an 'I heart U' sticker. The other is a martini glass with a heart, which is conveniently located below my mouth. I wrote down his exact words on the back of this Valentine because I never wanted to forget what he told me. I also wanted to be able to share it with you.
As he handed it over, he said, "I made this Valentine for you because you need a drink." I laughed. Hard. Then I stopped and thought, "Wow...is my stress that obvious to a five year old?" Geez. I also don't know why I had martini glass stickers in with my Valentine craft supplies. I promise I'm not a Kindergarten teacher that promotes drinking to my students. Whoops.

No comments:

Post a Comment