Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Summer Lovin'

I am a summer lover. Summer is by far the best season. Ever.

Below is a listing of some of the reasons why summer pulls at my heartstrings:
-Pool time! Ah, yes. Nothing is quite as joyous as waking up, putting on the swimming suit and oh-so-stylish cover-up, driving the short 10 minutes to my parentals to the pool, turning on the iPod, getting out a great summer read, and laying on a raft. Having the pool completely to myself is an added bonus. I mean, really. It makes me smile just thinking of the pleasure of the whole scene. Heaven.
-Grilling out. Can we say Big Green Egg, anyone?
-Time off work. Holla to my fellow teachers! Sorry about the rest of you. I truly am.
-Accomplishing things off to-do lists that were too unbearable to do during the cold winter months
-Lazy naps pool-side or inside of screened-in porches
-Tanning your bodacious bod
-Sundresses and tanks
-Footwear! Summer shoes are my favorite. Flip-flops, wedges, strappy sandles...you get the picture.
-Free hair high-lights provided via the sun
-Oh, those summer nights! Sing it Danny and Sandra D!
-Reading. The summer seems to be the only time that I have time to read for pleasure.

Thanks Mr. Sun for making summer so grand.

No comments:

Post a Comment