Friday, May 22, 2009

Lunch Has an All New Meaning...

G’Day! Here’s some Australian slang for you, Mate...

Word: Lunch
Meaning: Okay, who farted?

This is what’s great about this one:
I’m a teacher and of course have to mention the word lunch everyday. Lunch now has a new meaning to me and brings a sweet little smile to my face. It’s a secret smile that only a crazy Australian enthusiast and lover of fart talkin' will enjoy.
"Okay, who farted?" is usually a question that I think to myself day after day being in a Kindergarten room. What is funny though is that children at the Kindergarten age don't yet find humor in flatulence. To them, it is just a necessary and unfunny human function. To me, it is the funniest sound on this Earth. Sadly, if gas is being passed in my classroom; I am the only one laughing about it. Does this show my level of maturity? Yeah, probably so. Oh well. They'll find it funny someday...hopefully.

No comments:

Post a Comment