Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Voting, Tricking out the Tree, Toilets and Such.

I bet that title made you curious. You can't pass up reading a blog with a title like that.

Happy Election Day! I had the day off school, so it's been a pretty great day. I woke up when I wanted to. Not when my alarm told me to. That always makes for a fantastic day.

I rocked the vote and rocked the 'I Voted' sticker even harder.


Daisy learned how to wink tonight while we were watching the election coverage. Luckily she did it for the camera so I could share for all the world to see. 

I probably shouldn't even go where I'm about to go. I'm not making the following comments to start debate or discussion, and honestly, I don't want debate. Any and all hateful comments will be deleted, so don't waste your time. This is MY blog and I'm just going to share for a minute. I'm not going to get all hateful and do any candidate bashing. That's not me. I'm a private person when it comes to politics. I am usually very tight-lipped in this area of my life. My policy is to not really discuss it with others. I keep it in the family. It keeps the peace among friends and it's just safer, but since it's Election Day, I'll break my own rule because I am the President of my blog! I vote, 'Do what you want to do, Sarah'. 

I am disappointed with the outcome of the election. There, I said it. I just wanted to get that out of the way. In case you missed the elephants on my shirt in the picture above, now you know. 
Now, with that being said, Obama is our re-elected President and I will keep him and his administration in my prayers during this second term as they lead our country. As a Christian, it is my duty to show respect and honor and to pray for all elected officials. Regardless of who is in office in Washington, I have faith because I know the ONE who holds this world together and who appoints our leaders. The things of this world are only temporary. For that, I am thankful.

I'm proud that I have freedom and a right to vote. 
I'm proud to be an American. And I'm proud of Kentucky. And I'm proud of the South and all that RED!  :)

 Regardless of our beliefs, moral stances, and viewpoints, it's important that we are kind to one another. I've seen some ugly comments on Facebook and Twitter from members of both parties. We can all have different viewpoints and still be friends and still be a UNITED nation. 
Like High School Musical, we're all in this together.

:End of political rant:

Now let's all join hands and sing.
 "Kumbaya, my Lord..."

And just for election fun and giggles, I wrote my brother's name in on the line for Mayor. The news reported tonight that the one and only running candidate for mayor received 100% of the vote. I know that's a lie.

And now...

On to thinking about joyous things like twinkling lights and hanging ornaments...

So. I tricked out my tree. No. Your eyes are not deceiving you. My Christmas tree is up in all of its black glory. The tree went up on November 5th. A full 50 days before Christmas. Not a day too soon, if you ask me. I decked the halls and sang my fa-la-las.
Glory.

Just a random story for you all: 
My dad got a recall notice in the mail for their TOILET!?. Yes. One of the toilets in their house is being recalled. For risk of exploding. EXPLODING! I know. I can't believe it either. All I know is I'm not sitting my butt on that toilet until the problem is resolved. I don't want to be blown sky high. I'm scared for them. Having a deadly hunk of porcelain in their house that could blow to smithereens at any moment is scary.


And, hmm. What else have I been up to? Let's see. Just taking pictures of my dog. Wearing glasses. Because it's fun.


It's been a long night. I'm taking myself to bed. 

Happy Wednesday, friends!

4 comments:

  1. I love your Daisy! She is so talented to learn to wink and wear glasses! ;-) And I agree... we all need to get along and be respectful! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I kind of love Daisy, too. She is one talented dog. My kid is a genius.

      Delete
  2. In reference to your politics, I knew there was a reason I liked you. Again, another sign we are meant to be friends.

    I'm glad you aren't sitting on the exploding throne. I mean if it does blow up while you are on it, not only will you be blown sky high, but you'll also have your pants around your ankles. No one ever looked classy that way. Stay safe, home fry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so funny. I wish you blogged every day, not just once a month.

    ReplyDelete