Sunday, October 28, 2012

As of Late.

Well, well, well. Here I am, right on schedule for my monthly blog post. How is everyone?

Me? I feel loony. The past few weeks have been SO busy. I might have had a mini-nervous breakdown the Friday before last, but I'm better now. Parent-teacher conferences and all that mess have left this girl feeling tired and uninspired about everything. I'm alive, but I've been too busy to live, you know what I mean? Just going through the motions at a crawling, barely-making-it speed. Sadly, things aren't going to be much better this week. It's party week. Sigh. And it's a full dang moon. The kids are going to be bonkers.


I can't complain too much, though, because I did just have a vacation a few weeks ago. I had a week off school for fall break at the beginning of October and I was lucky enough to sneak away to Sandestin, Florida with some of my teacher pals. It was such a great trip and was much-needed. You put four starved-for-vacation teachers loose on the beach and you get a fun time, that's what you get. I don't think I've ever laughed as much in my whole life as I did while on this trip. So fun. I'm convinced teachers are some of the craziest and funnest (it's a word if you work with elementary kids) people on the planet.

We never got a picture of the four of us together, so I had to put two pictures up so that we were all represented.

The three lovely ladies I vacationed with teach at the school I used to be at. I miss them all so very much. Big sad face. It was so great to spend time with them on vacation.

Last weekend, I also took a timeout from life to just kick it. I hung out at my aunt and uncle's house/farm for a day. The house and farm used to be my grandparent's and it's where I spent a huge portion of my childhood. Going back brings so many good memories...like scrubbing cow poop off my tennis shoes with an old toothbrush. Just one memory of many. This place is truly one of my favorite places on this earth. I love a farm and wide-open spaces. I'd love to live on a farm if I could have a Target really close by, but then it probably wouldn't be a farm because it would be developed by a Target, so...guess that won't work.





I love cows. My smile is so huge because I'm so happy from these animal friends.

Look at this sweet baby.

Moo.


And, yes, I have a different blog look. And, no, I'm not in love with it, but I was growing tired of my old template. This one was free and free is my favorite, so it will do for now.

It's almost time for something else that's my favorite...BREAKING AMISH! Do you all love this show like I do? I can't wait to see what happens tonight when they all go back home. So much drama. So much scandal. So much Amish.

My goal is to be back with another post by Wednesday, so that I can say 'Boo' to you. That's my goal. We'll see. Later gators.

3 comments:

  1. Oh my dear friend how I have missed you! I check every morning to see if you've blogged. Anyhoo, I know your feeling! Thank the Lawd we are on fall break this week~my principal HATES Halloween so he always schedules our break for the week of...although I do miss dressing up with my team.
    I would love to live on a farm...your's looks beautiful! Love the trees! And, the cows reminded me of ours growing up too. I learned at a real young age to not get attached...sad story for another time. I'll check back on Wednesday, no pressure ; ) Glad your back!!!
    ❤Tanya
    Ms. Solano's Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK this made me laugh out loud! I hope you don't mind but we posted the Said No Teacher Ever to our facebook and linked back to you. Hilarious!!! We get the best (actually worst) of both worlds this year. Christy gets to work ON Halloween and Tammy gets to endure the aftermath on Thursday. Good times!
    My husband is scary addicted to Breaking Amish and he keeps me up to date. You hanging out with the cows has some similarities...but you look like you have all your teeth! hee hee ;)

    ~Christy & Tammy
    Fluttering Through First Grade

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why are those Amish so angry?! haha

    ReplyDelete