Saturday, April 21, 2012

Facts.

Fact: It's been awhile since I've done a fact post. It's time.

Fact: I bought a one-shoulder number at TJ Maxx tonight. The cashier man said, "Ooh. Nice dress. Is this one of those fun dresses? Is that what they're called?" I replied, "I plan to have a great deal of fun in it, so I suppose it is."

Fact: You know what else is fun? Glitter is fun. You all know how much I like glitter.

Fact: I'm now the proud owner of a pair of silver glitter TOMS. After holding out for a long time, I finally jumped on the TOMS phenomenon bandwagon.

Fact: I'm pretty sure all of the kids in my kindergarten class will "ooh and ahh" once they see me in them.

Fact: My students can make me feel really good about myself sometimes. They're big compliment givers, especially in regards to my accessories. They're always telling me they like my ring. Or my shoes. Or my earrings. Or my toenails.

Fact: My students can also make me feel like poop sometimes. "Your hair has a lot of brown pieces in it now." In other words, you need to get your highlights redone, Ms. M.

Fact: Speaking of poop, my students have really kicked the bathroom humor into high gear this past week. They've been singing songs and randomly throwing "poop" or "fart" into the lyrics. One of their favorite songs is Taio Cruz's Dynamite. It can be heard on any given day in my classroom during work time. Here's an example of a lyric change: "I throw my poop up in the air sometimes, saying ayo, gotta let go....I came to fart, fart, fart, fart..."

Fact: It is kind of funny. How can you not laugh about the image of poop being thrown into the air? Gross, yes, but funny. Well, I guess it's all fun and games until it comes back down. What goes up, must come down, you know.

Fact: I can't blame them for enjoying singing that way because I'm pretty sure my brother and I sing exactly like that around the house on a regular basis. Yep. I'm pretty sure we do. And I'm a good 23 years older than my oldest student.

Fact: I guess they've given me a new song to add to my collection.

Fact: Call Me Maybe is probably one of my favorite songs right now. I turn it way up when it comes on the radio.

Fact: Speaking of turning it up (don't get excited, it's nothing juicy), I had to turn my heat back on today. It was something ridiculous like 45 degrees outside.

Fact: But then I did something dumb and made a smoothie because when you're cold, you need to make yourself more cold by making a really cold drink.

Fact: I didn't really like said smoothie. Even though it was chocolate yogurt, banana, and peanut butter flavored, it tasted too healthy.

Fact: And this is why I'm in the condition that I am in.

Fact: Speaking of my conditions, I stared at the computer screen a good five minutes before I started writing this post. I was intimidated by the change of the new Blogger layout. I guess I don't embrace change as well because I'm old now. So it makes sense.

Fact: It also makes sense for you to leave a comment below. Tell me a fact.

6 comments:

  1. Fact: Your posts always make me laugh! :)

    Seriously, I love reading your blog because it always puts a smile on my face. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha Love your blog. I'm a new follower. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fact: I changed my blogger look back to the "old style" because I hate change so much.

    You are so funny!
    -Megan

    First Grade Magic

    ReplyDelete
  4. My students are the same way. They LOVE bathroom Humor! Love your blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fact I haven't changed over to the new blogger because I'm afraid I won't know how to work it.
    Fact: I need to get myself more toms- I have decided they are the best teaching shoes ever.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fact: I bought a pair of Converse shoes instead of the TOMs pair I tried on because they were A LOT more comfortable. (and I mean a lot lot lot more comfortable!)
    Fact: I regret not suffering for fashion.
    Fact: My brother and I would change song lyrics all of the time. The first song I remember doing it to was "Ring Around the Rosie." I still can't sing any of these tainted songs correctly (and there are a bunch!)
    ~Andi

    ReplyDelete