First of all, I want to do a special shout out for THIS girl, Andi. Last week she blogged about my blog and I must say, it was very flattering. She sent some new followers my way too, so I'm going to say a big, "Hey ladies, I like you all" to my new friends. Andi, if I could wrap up a box and fill it with friendship and mail it to you, that's exactly what I would do.
So she seriously said the nicest things about me. She was definitely makin' me blush. She said that she thought I was funny, which I very much appreciate. It actually humors me that other people find me funny. It tickles me so. But let me tell you. It's kind of some pressure. I feel like my hands are sweatin' on this keyboard right now as I type. Let's hope I can deliver. It's not going to be a trip to Home Goods, but we can't have it be crazy fun and games all the time.
On an extra serious note, I want to wish all of the federal employees out there a Happy Columbus Day. You are the lucky ducks that benefit from good old Christopher's crazy shenanigans. I don't believe in teaching about Columbus because, I mean, what's he done for me? He sure doesn't give me a day off. I'm kidding. Well, sort of. I usually do a little day of Columbus factoids and a craft with my students but it honestly slipped my mind today. I was still in my fall break coma. I didn't really even know where I was until about 10:30 today. And that's sad considering I'd already been at school for a few hours.
I was so dang happy last week. Like I've already said 52 billion times, I was on fall break all week. I love my school childrens with each one of my little heartstrings, but it was time for a break. I'll say it again. It was time. TIME. I didn't go on a trip anywhere last week which ended up being just fine with me. I kept myself plenty busy just livin' my life. I did some things around my house that I've been putting off. Boring stuff like pulling weeds and trimming the hedges in my front yard. And laundry.
I just love having a week off. Period. I love being at home and not really having a schedule. I swear my calling is to be a bum. To be able to just hang around the house, watch TV, eat snacks, peruse the internet, read, and hang out with my pals. That's all I want to do, and buddy, you better believe that's exactly what I did.
So I've had this nasty stomach thing going on for a few weeks. I finally broke down and went to the doctor last week because I took a turn for the worse. It felt so good writing those words. I just wanted to add in some extra drama and "taking a turn for the worse" does it every single time. Okay, so really it wasn't that serious, but I was having major stomach cramps, wasn't sleeping well, and certain "issues" had kicked it up a notch or 10. Not everyone in the world is as comfortable with poop talk like I am, so I'll just leave it at that and let you draw your own conclusions. I have some kind of diagnosed funk and am on an antibiotic and Nexium. I have to report back to my doc and let him know if the drugs are doing their thang. So far...they're not really doing it.
The problems really come after I eat something. This is where it gets dramatic. For real. You all know me and how much I love my food. The joy has been taken out of my meals recently because I just get sick afterwards. My life is over.
Speaking of poop, have you all seen that Clorox commercial? A little boy yells, "Mommy, I went poo-poo!". The Mom goes in the bathroom and looks in the toilet and sees nothing. She asks the little boy where and he points to the bathtub. Hilarious. It just reminds me of life in kindergarten. We have those moments when we think the kids are getting so close to the target, but then we discover they're still so far away at times. I love it.
I will be the first to admit that I have a real, full on addiction to Coke. Sometimes I think I like hearing the crack of the can and the fizz more than the actual drinking of the Coke itself. You know, kind of how smokers say it's more of the sensation of smoking and how the cigarette feels in their hand. So basically I'm addicted to opening aluminum cans.
So we just had an Ulta open in our mall. I spent $90 there last weekend. Oiy. I love makeup. I broke down and bought the Urban Decay Naked eye pallette. It's as great as I thought it would be. I also bought a sample kit of some Smashbox things. I've decided Smashbox makeup is what angels probably use if makeup is worn in heaven. I mean, if J.C. wears makeup, that's probably what He wears too. It's that great and has easily become my new favorite stuff.
The 10 year high school reunion was this past weekend. Oh the drama. And yet so much fun. I'll save that post for another time.
Well friends, I could probably keep spewing out more nonsense, but I'll wrap it up here. Thanks for visiting. Until we meet again...

Who me? Couldn't be!
ReplyDeleteI wouldn't worry too much about the writing, it seems like you've got bigger fish to fry with that "Aluminum Can" problem of yours...
Good luck with that!
~Andi
I'm soooo ready for a fall break! it's not a week, but I'll take what I can get!!
ReplyDeleteI have a coffee addiction. I think it's pretty natural for a teacher to have some sort of caffeine addiction lol
Poop talk is fine with me. Feel free. :)
ReplyDeleteA Teeny Tiny Teacher
I'm your newest follower - thanks for making me smile! :)
ReplyDeleteHolly
Crisscross Applesauce in First Grade