Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Is there a Peanut Butter Fish?

Woo doggies! Y'all, I am T-I-R-E-D. I'm barely keeping up with life at the moment, let alone my poor blog. This makes me have a sad face because I have missed writing for fun. Between my job, grad school, and my stinkin' 10 year high school reunion committee obligations (which is almost OVER! Praise J.C. from whom all blessings flow)--I've been staying busy the past couple weeks. But enough about all of that.  I don't need to be a "Gloomy Gus", as my friend Rose Nylund would say. Instead, I will share a couple of stories from my day that made me smile.

Story #1: This week in my classroom we've been doing an ocean theme. The kids have been really into learning about different sea creatures and we've made some crafts along the way for extra fun times. The past couple days we have been working on making Jellyfish [see Exhibit A].

Exhibit A:
The kids painted them and I have had the fun job of assembling these bad boys. I was finishing them up today and one of my little friends sat down beside me and started talking to me.

He said, "I like Jellyfish. They're so yummy."

Me: "What do you mean 'they're yummy'?"

Boy: "You know. Jellyfish squirt jelly out."

And then the thunder inside of my brain clapped together and it all became clear where he was going with this. A smile stretched across my face and I then proceeded to ask him about how much he liked jelly and we discussed how delicious of a delicacy it is.

Then, (and this is the best part) he looked at me dead serious and asked, "Are there peanut butter fish?"

So next time you want to make a PBJ, just go throw your line out into the ocean and catch a peanut butter fish and Jellyfish. Bam.

I love how literal little kids are. I love that he thinks we get jelly from Jellyfish. And I love that he thinks somewhere out in the ocean blue there might possibly be a little fish that squirts out peanut butter.

Story #2:
Another one of my boys has parents that own a nail shop in town. This child looked at my Assistant's fingernails today and said, "You need a full set". I then showed him my nails and asked what I needed. He shielded his eyes, as if his retinas were burning, and pretty much did the old 'talk to the hand' motion and looked away.

Oh kids. Well, that's all I've got for now. Hopefully those stories made you smile a little bit.
I only have 2 more days until I get a week off for Fall Break! Raise the Roof.

4 comments:

  1. I'm so happy you're back! I have missed reading your posts. They always make me laugh out lout! I love that kids have the a magnificent power to not only bring a smile, but to make us melt too.
    And, what's this about fall break? Already??? Man I'm not even gonna lie, I'm jealous! I have an entire month until I get fall break. Enjoy your time off and I'll be back to check in on your adventures.
    ❤Tanya
    Ms. Solano's Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahahaha, I absolutely love kids and how funny they are without even realizing it.

    YAY for fall break!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the manicure kid. I had a kid once tell me that my stripes were moving.. aka my roots were growing out and so my highlights were a bit further down on my head. That felt nice.

    ps. I missed reading your blog but I've been sucking at mine, big time, so I'm not allowed to complain.

    pps. You bit the bullet & started grad school?!? Me too! It sucks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kids are so sweet. Love those stories.

    What are you getting your degree in? I'm sure you are at good ole WKU?

    Missed your funny blogging. I hope you find time for another post soon!

    ReplyDelete