Sunday, August 7, 2011

Summertime's Over and the Livin's Not so Easy.

Just imagine me doing a big long sigh to start off this post. I win the award for being the worst blogger of the summertime. I'd like to think I'm going to do better with posting more regularly, but let's get real. It's August. I pretty much don't exist in real life during the month of August. I'm all school, all the time. School has already been the name of my game the last few weeks. I've been up in that school house working on my classroom. I've worked really hard and am absolutely exhausted but it's a rewarding kind of tired. I love getting my classroom ready and making it fun for my kids. Thanks to Blog Land and all of the teachers out there that are way more crafty and creative than I am, I've printed off a lot of cute things for my classroom. I sure love teacher blogs.

I'll post some pictures of my room soon so that you can see what's good.

I already feel like this post is ultra boring. I don't really even have the energy to think, let alone throw in some humorous verbage. I apologize for putting you through this.

Hmm. What else can I update you all on...

I have a roommate now. My brother has officially moved into my house. We'll see how this goes. I'm sure it will at least provide some humorous blog stories. I've lived alone in my house for over 4 and 1/2 years. I'm kind of set in my ways with how things run in my house but I'm trying really hard to work on letting things go. My brother has already made a comment or two about my OCD behavior. He's disturbed by some of the things I do.
He caught me adjusting the rug in the foyer tonight because he didn't place it back the way I like it. It has to lay on a certain wood plank on the hardwood floor...yeah, that makes me sound like such a freak. When I looked up and saw he was watching me I felt like Danny Tanner, you know when he used to straighten out the rug fringe. Dang it. I don't want to be Danny Tanner, but I kinda am. Rats.

I think things will be all good in the hood though as far as us getting along. Because we are pals. We'll be fine. At least for this month anyway because he probably won't see much of me.

I came home from the grocery tonight with many, many bags of food. I had to stock up. I've got to have my snacks to be able to get my teach on. As I was unloading my groceries, my brother looked really concerned and said, "You know you don't have to buy extra food just because I live here now. I don't want for you to feel like you have to do that." I just stared at him. Then I asked him, "What makes you think one bit of this is for you?" Silly boy. He doesn't realize how much I eat. He'll soon learn. They're my snacks. All mine.

The Blizzard of the Month at Dairy Queen is the Nutter Butter Blizzard. If you like peanut butter, I suggest you go get one. I've had a few...and we're only 8 days into the month. They have served as my rewards for working hard. I see many more of these delectable treats in my future. It's going to be a hard month on my waistline.

Yikes. Tuesday is the first day of school. I don't think I'll ever not have first day jitters. I'm usually just as nervous as the parents and kids but I'm pretty good at playing it like I'm a calm and cool cat. I'm excited about this school year though. I'm feeling it's going to be a good one. I'll keep you posted.

4 comments:

  1. I didn't think this post was boring at all! :) I am sure things with your new roomie aka brother will create some funny blog stories in the future and what a cool thing for you to both be able to have this time together...though I know what it is like to be set in your ways too, I am as well! :) Good luck with the first day of school and I am sure you will play it calm and cool as a cat once again and I have no doubt it will be a good one!

    Liesl :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was thinking of you today when I was sitting in my professional development and I just can't believe school is starting back up already! I love to set my classroom back up and I am always excited to go back, but still really nervous the night before and day of, too. I have crazy dreams that I won't hear my alarm clock or that I'll forget it's the first day and not show up. Makes me queasy just thinking about it.

    Teachers really need a steady snack flow. Someone commented today on how my snacks were from every food group and I asked if she noticed how many snacks I had eaten during the course of 6 hours. That would be 6. Not including my actual lunch or the bite-size candy on the table that is put out to torture me. Snacks are just as necessary as coffee and diet coke to get me through the school day.

    Good luck tomorrow! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you have the most wonderful day tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your point is valueble for me. Thanks!

    My blog:
    rachat de credit lille www.rachatdecredit.net

    ReplyDelete