Hey party people. I'm not doing so hot at this whole blogging thing lately. Surprisingly, I haven't been a worthless bum this week. I've actually been busy. Really busy. Busy up in the school house workin' on my classroom. I haven't had a life for the past week. I've seriously been at school every night. I love going to school at night because no one else is there and I get so much done. If I go during the day, well, there's two problems with that. 1- I miss out on the sun's rays. 2- I spend all of my time talking to other teachers because talking is fun and then get nothing accomplished in my room. Naturally the best solution is to go at night. It's a win-win.
I feel like my brain is mushy stuff and I really wouldn't make sense if I tried to write anything half-way serious, so, guess what you're gonna get? A bunch of pictures and nonsense. Just the way we like it around here.
I need to start by telling you all this. I looked at someones facebook profile the other day. Under religion they listed: "Babtist". Yes. They claim to be Baptist but they don't even know how to spell it right. Embarrassed. As a kindergarten teacher I can see where they got a little confused. They did a good job using their phonics skills. With the way that word is pronounced around these parts of Kentucky, it does sound like a 'b' might be where the 'p' should be. Regardless, that's just something you should know if it's something you're claiming as a 'defining characteristic' of sorts. Kind of like you should know how to spell
I just feel like your life needs to be blessed with this picture.
It's not every day that you see a giant magnifying glass the size of your head. I knew I needed to seize the day and take a picture with it. Probably a once in a lifetime deal.
Is your house missing a little pizazz? Maybe you should buy this Weezy poster. I'm thinking it would look charming hanging above a fireplace with a fire ablaze. Ah, yes. That would look nice. And at $50? Bargain. This can be found at a Home Goods near you, because I know that's your #1 question right now.
I've been missing my friend so much. She's been traveling the world and life has been a little crazy lately so we haven't seen much of each other. I'm used to seeing this girl on the daily, so it's been a little hard to adjust. It makes me want to cry like a lost little kitten.
This picture was taken on the last time we hung out for real, for real. Two whole weeks ago.
Seems like an eternity.
My Granny D made some no-bake cookies for my family. As my brother put it, she might have been thinking she was making pancakes for a minute based on the size of these suckers. They're the biggest no-bakes I've ever seen. The size of my hand. And it broke when I picked it up due to the shear weight of the thing.
So I know some of you have heard this tale before because every summer I talk about my butterfly friends that I make while I swim in the pool. My parents have ultra friendly butterflies that frequent their yard. And these butterflies love me and I love that they love me. I'm pretty much a butterfly whisperer. They let me pet them.
*(Please disregard my large manly knuckles. Unfortunate family trait).
*(Please disregard my large manly knuckles. Unfortunate family trait).
They even like to do fancy butterfly tricks for me like hanging upside down like a bat.
I went into my classroom one night this week and discovered that my classroom bathroom floor was flooded. The toilet sprung a leak. The mystery to me is how it started leaking. Unless ghosts have learned to use the bathroom and flush--no one to my knowledge has used this toilet since June 3rd. Sure glad I discovered it before it got extra bad. I would have been an angry, angry teacher if it started running out into my classroom.
I cleaned up all the water and tried to tighten the connector that was leaking, but I had no luck--or the necessary tools. I placed a large container under the drip to catch the water--it filled this much just in the time I was at school working. Serious drippage. The water has since been shut off to the toilet. Let's hope this is fixed before school starts. We gots to have a working toilet in the kindergarten room. For real.
Okay, one more thing because this is quickly becoming the longest post of all time. I get carried away quite easily. I'm not telling you anything new.
Today at school we had a PD day. We had to fill out our yearly Emergency Contact sheet for the front office. Here's what I listed at the bottom:
Hey, you never know when a love connection could be made. I want to make sure our office staff is always thinking of the greater good. I'm sure they'll appreciate my efforts.
I wonder if they'll appreciate me listing my brother as my 'bruh'...
Not sure if they'll appreciate that one as much.
It's probably a form I should have taken seriously, and well...
I lied. For real just one more thing. I have enjoyed watching my all-time favorite Lifetime movie tonight (I'm actually watching it as I type this). "She's Too Young". Makes me laugh every time. An over-the-top movie. Drama at its best. Lifetime never disappoints. One of the best lines: "If I lost a toe, you'd be President for Toe-less Teenagers." That's just one fine example of this quality film.
I hope you all have a weekend that's more magical than Disney World fantasies.






i've watched that movie dozens of times. haha... it's great!
ReplyDeleteThank you so much for sharing! I have been looking all over for a Lil Wayne poster. It will look lovely in the dinning room, er maybe the family room would be better. And at $50, what a steal!!
ReplyDeleteHaha, love your post!!
Love your blog! Just stumbled upon it! Funny thing, I am from Franklin, KY the little town south of BG. Small world. Enjoy your weekend!
ReplyDeleteThank you for the Weezy posters...I just ordered 10, one for each room in the house. Ha!
ReplyDeleteYou're knuckles are not big...but your finger nails...they are gorgeous! I need to quit bitting mine!
hahaha I've been needing some decorations for my new place :) I think that poster is perfect!
ReplyDelete"She's Too Young" is also my favorite Lifetime movie! I have even considered purchasing the DVD just so I can watch it whenever I want.
ReplyDeleteI need that Lil Weezy poster. (Maybe not for $50) but I would have at least taken a photo on my phone! :)
ReplyDeleteI'm dead serious.
I love what you wrote on your emergency contact form...that is too cute and funny all rolled into one!
ReplyDeleteLiesl :)