Tuesday, May 10, 2011

It's Peony Season!

I love this time of year. One of the main reasons? Peonies are in bloom. They are my very favorite flower. I've loved them since I was a wee child. My Mom has a slew of peony bushes in her yard. What's cool about them is that they have been around for a long time. Some of the bushes were from my great grandmother's yard. They were transferred from her yard to my childhood home. They are now in their current resting place at my parents home where they've been kickin' it for the past 14 years. They're pretty hearty flowers. Maybe one day I'll inherit them. And they'll probably die after one season. That wouldn't surprise my Mom at all. Leave it to me to kill what has been living for over half a century.

Here are some pictures that I took. Pretend this is facebook and 'like' them. Or else.







 Look at all of 'em. Only the hot pink have gotten their bloom on so far. The light pink are tryin' to work it out. They're still in their little peony ball stage. I bet this week they will open up in all of their majesty and glory.
You know what else is cool? There is a peony bush called 'Sarah'. It's the one in the left corner of the picture. It's my favorite but I don't know why.

The pictures below were taken by my Mom.

Yes, this one is a little cheesy, but I love it so. Daisy was being silly and kept rolling around to avoid getting a good picture. She's pretty Amish when it comes to taking pictures. The camera is the enemy. Silly corgi.

And now...Senior portrait session. These are pretty special. I have an actual senior picture where I'm posing pretty much like this (legs crossed and all--that's a must), minus the dog, of course. Daisy was just a sparkle in my eye during my senior days. For an extra fun treat, maybe I should scan in some of my senior pictures to share with you all sometime. That would be really neat.

I really regret not pulling my car around back and posing with it. Maybe next time. Hopefully.

I enjoyed spending time with my girl on Mother's Day. I'm a pretty proud Momma. And I'm probably the best corgi Mom around.
 

4 comments:

  1. Peonies are so pretty. That's awesome that your mom has the bushes that were your great grandmother's! :) The pictures of you and Daisy are adorable. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My holla back to you is that I love that last picture. You should frame that. Actually get it blown up on a huge canvas and display it at Ole Greenwood Mall.

    Second- I love peonies too. They are my favorite flower. When I moved into my house, there was a large one in the corner that has somehow continued to live (maybe it's because I don't do anything to it.) However, the blooms don't seem to last long. Is this normal, Sarah, the peony guru?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like this.

    Great pictures! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are soo pretty! The last picture is adorable of y'all! Be on the look out for our announcement in the newspaper!! I'd LOVE for you to come if you would like =) Especially since you're super close and all. Miss our chats!

    ReplyDelete