Sunday, May 1, 2011

Baby, I'm a firework.

Saturday night I went to our town's minor league baseball game. There were fireworks after the show. I didn't catch a ball at the game. I caught one of these instead. With my face.
Yes. That is a firework shell. This thing popped me right in the temple. If you follow me on Twitter, you've already heard of this. It scared me more than anything. It was a little too close to my eyeball for my liking though. This hard plastic tube put a hurtin' on me when it popped me in my head traveling through the air probably as fast as the baseballs were flyin' earlier. Stupid fireworks. I was kinda scared of the rest of the show. Felt I needed to take cover.
Holding my souvenir. Pardon my pursing of the lips. It's slightly an unfortunate look and for some reason I do it often.
 
Below are some more random pictures for fun.

One of my students colored a picture of a turtle and wanted to show it to our turtle. He was telling the turtle all about it. I love this kid. He should be mine.

One of my students fell in a huge mud pile out in the playground on Friday. I had to send her home for a bath. It was that bad. When I walked her into the office, the office staff said, "Please tell me that's mud." They were praying it wasn't a big ole mess'a poo.
Mud, grass and everything in that hair. Yeesha. I bet that bath time experience wasn't fun. If she were my kid, I probably just would have taken her to a car wash bay and hosed her down. That's probably why I don't have any kids of my own.

When I was at the grocery last week I spotted this hunk of mess in the lunch meat section. Now I love me some pig. Pigs are delicious in all of their porky ways. But Souse? Heck no. Do any of you eat this or know someone that does? I just wouldn't be able to. If you're unfamiliar with what Souse is, please let me enlighten you. This particular label says that it includes: pork snouts, pork hearts, pork tongues, and pork skin. Of course I had to do some research about this funk. Souse can also include things like brains, eyeballs, bones, intestines, teeth, ears...basically everything you would not want to consume.
Barf bags.
Well, I'll leave you with that picture, friends. Mmm. Deliciousness. Who's hungry?

5 comments:

  1. At least you looked cute while being hit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bless your heart. I would of been scared too. You looked cute though! =) Uhm and bless that muddy kids heart too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would have freaked out if I had been hit with that!!

    and I laughed so hard at the girl who fell in the mud! you have got to love kids!

    ReplyDelete
  4. if that were my kid, she would've gotten hosed down outside with a hose, literally! Head to toe...Then a bath.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hahaha you caught it "with your face". oh dear. cute post! <3 EverRubyGirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete