Monday, April 11, 2011

"He is P-I-S-E-D." "Pised?"

I've never really used my blog as a place to air my dirty laundry or talk about people in my personal life in a negative way. However, the time has come, dear ones. This is my corner of the world and I can say what I want here because I make the rules. Freedom of speech is truly a beautiful thing. I need to fuss about something for just a bit and get it out because I'm done with letting it eat at my mind. Lord only knows what ridiculous things have been said about me lately by the person this is involving, so I don't feel bad about speaking my mind now in my space. I'm sorry in advance for this post o'drama. This really isn't my style. You all know this. I prefer keepin' it light and fun, but sometimes life gets messy and stankin'. Let's bring on the big ole smelly bucket of poo.
I think you'll agree with me in the end in how truly silly this all is. Enjoy.

If I know that someone is upset with me, I always do a little self reflection. I try and see things from that person's perspective and see if he/she has a valid point. I don't like knowing that someone is upset with me. If I see that I'm in the wrong, I apologize, of course. I never mean to intentionally hurt someone. If I do, I make sure that I'm more sensitive in the future.

...BUT...

What if you've done that self reflection and realize you're dealing with something a bit irrational. What if you're not in the wrong? What if you've truly done absolutely nothing?

I currently have someone that is upset with me. "Pissed" as this person put it. Are you ready to find out what I did to make someone so mad at me? I really am a horrible person, I guess...

Remember that little kitty we just adopted from the Humane Society? Yes. That cat is the root of the pissy feelings toward me. You read it right. Someone is currently pissed at me because my mom adopted a cat. I feel like I should insert some cricket noises here or have a dj scratch the music and make it awkward.

I was told that I was "rude and tacky". I was also told, "You all adopting that cat was not about providing a home for a stray. It was about self-gratification. That's why I'm pissed."
Um...
Finally, this person told me, "I hope that cat is psycho and hurts someone". WOW. Unstable much?

I was also defriended by this person on Facebook because of all this malarky. He also defriended my mom and another friend.

Let me shed a little background on why this person is pissed with me. This person currently has two cats. He needs to find a new home for them due to recently finding out (by recent, that means he's already known a couple months) that his child is allergic to the cats.
Never did I say I would take in these cats as my own. I have no idea why in this person's mind he thought I would be the solution to the problem. It is not my responsibility to find a home for his cats. It is not my mom's responsibility to take in these cats. Never did this person speak to my mom about taking his cats. We have the right to get a cat if we so choose and should not feel obligated to take someone else's cat(s) off their hands. We may have wanted a cat and it just so happened to not be one of his. Is this heartless? I don't think so. I'm sorry his cats need a home but so do thousands of other cats. And sorry if we got a cat that we had a connection with. Plus, I like ours better than his. Is that bitchy? Who cares. He deserves that much of my attitude. If I'm going to care for an animal, I want one that I love and one that loves me a bit in return. Isn't that what it's all about?

I'm sorry about his situation but it's not my problem. Bottom line is that he wanted to make his problem my problem and his responsibility my responsibility.

I am not a parent, but if I had a child who couldn't stay with me due to the fact that his allergies to my pets were so bad, I would get rid of my animals as quickly as possible. I would find some kind of arrangement for them. There are options. I am not the only option. I am not a free animal clinic to all the needy animal friends. Sorry. As much as I love all animals and my own animals, a child would have to come first.

My mind is still slightly blown to the fact that someone is seriously pissed at me over something this trivial and, well, just plain silly. If the worst thing I'm going to do in life is adopt a cat (by association) and have someone mad at me for it, then I guess I'm okay with the way I'm living.

"If a small thing has the power to make you angry, does that not indicate something about your size?"  ~Sydney J. Harris

If you're gonna be mad at me over something like this, well, then you're a wee little man boy in my mind.

7 comments:

  1. Wow, this wee little man, has issues. Severe ones at that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your quote at the end, dear friend. And guess what? I love PJ and am happy that your family has her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh goodness. I have to say I giggled reading this at the sheer ridiculousness of it! You are completely in the right from what I can tell.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!!! That guy seriously has some issues!!! You are 100% right to feel the way you do, and I would have blogged about it, too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is CRAZY! Who wouldn't love Kitty Hollywood?!?

    ReplyDelete
  6. one word: ridiculous (him, not you)

    ReplyDelete