7888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888855555555 (That little message was from the kitty). She just decided to jump up on the keyboard. I thought instead of deleting it, I'd just roll with it. She's a cat that obviously has something to share with all of you. Thought provoking.
I hope that everyone had a fabulous Easter filled with bunnies and chicks and chocolate and family time. I know I sure did. Easter is one of my favoritest of favorites. It's a glorious day. I get to celebrate my man JC and reflect on his goodness and I get a basket full of candy. Easter candy is the best. It beats out Halloween and Christmas and Valentine's candy. It blows their candy selections to smithereens. Here are my top 5 favorites. Deliciousness. If you all haven't already figured this out about me, I'm a gluttonous girl. Plain and simple. That's the deadly sin I'm most guilty of.
I also like Peeps. They are a staple in our Easter baskets each year. I don't like them so much for eating. I like them for Peep Pie making, of course. Peep Pies have been made around my homestead for many a year now. You might find yourself asking, "Self? What is this Peep Pie that Sarah is speaking of?" Don't worry your pretty head. I will share the art of Peep Pie making with you.
One Easter, we thought, hey, it would be a pretty genius idea to put these Peeps in the microwave. So, we did. I don't really remember why we decided to microwave them. I think that's back when we were going through a phase. A 'let's put this in the microwave and see what happens' phase. Yes. It was a dangerous period in our lives. However, the result of microwaving Peeps wasn't dangerous at all. It was pure glory. We watched these little marshmallow chicks expand and grow 3+ times their size. Amazement.
There they blow!
Making a Peep Pie is simple. I'll provide you with the recipe. Simply remove Peeps from the packaging. Arrange them on a plate. You get to choose the plate size and number of Peep chicklets. That's part of the fun. You can make a mini pie for a party of one or a jumbo pie for a family feast. Put those little suckers in the microwave. Rev it up and blast 'em for about 30 seconds.
Enjoy.
We all love Peep Pies. Even Daisy.
Here are some lovely Easter pictures of the family.
In other Easter day news, we found a baby turtle in our pool today. Of course I've kept him as my pet of the day. I've already given him a couple of names. Tuck, as in Tuck the turtle from the WonderPets, but my favorite name is Turdally. Turd + totally. It just sounds like a turtle kinda name. I considered keeping the little guy to take to my classroom because my kids would completely love this little green shelled reptile. I did some research about keeping turtles as pets and I think I've changed my mind. 40 gallon tank? I thought my little bowl would be just fine. Guess not. Here's some pictures of Tuck/Turdally.
The little kid was so scared and hiding in his shell home.
My, what a lovely shell you have, Turdally.
Here he is in his new bowl home. It's no 40 gallon tank, but it worked in a pinch and he seems quite fond of his rock.
"I like turtles."-Zombie kid.
Everyone had a great Easter. Even Daisy enjoyed some lovely Easter treats. She looks so majestic starring off in the distance while a dog bone is perched upon her paws.
One more thing and then I'm going to let you kids go. Don't be sad though, because I'm working on another post about a weekend event and I'm hoping to publish tomorrow. It just depends on whose computer I can borrow.
So, I've been watching some AFV (America's Funniest Home Videos for those that are lame and don't know). You know what drives me crazy about that show? After a video clip plays and they show the audience members and they zoom in on that doofus that is really cracking up. I mean really cracking up. Harder than they've probably ever laughed before. I mean, sure I chuckled at that video. Maybe I even laughed a little hardish if it was someone falling and busting it. But maybe we weren't just watching the same video. It was not that funny. It didn't cause me to double over like you and hold my sides and then wipe tears from my eyes. I wonder if the production crew bribes audience members. "I'll give you ten bucks if you promise to double over with extreme laughter after we play this video. We're going to zoom in on you and you better laugh. Hard." I bet that's what they do. Let's hope there's at least some bribery with cash bonuses going on because if not then these people need to get a life. A life where they are exposed to more humor.
You know what else on tv drives me nuts? When Oprah has a musical guest on her show doing a live performance and Oprah tries to sing along with their song. How does she not EVER know the words? That camera zooms right up in her mug every time someone is on her show singing. You'd think she'd get with it and study up on the lyrics. I mean, sure, we all do an Oprah sing-along from time to time. You know how it is. You're riding in the car with your friends and a song comes on that you like and you're trying to sing along but then you screw it all up and say the wrong words or do a little premature lyrical action and start singing before the singer does. At least I'm not being filmed for millions to watch me do my screw-ups though. I just shake my head every time Oprah has a singer on her show because I know she's going to bomb it.
Alright, later kids. I've missed you all so much. It's been way too long since I've posted. Almost a whole week! I don't like that, but like I said, another post is in the warming tray, so don't fret, dear ones. Sleep tight and don't let the bed bugs bite...Ew. Gross.




No comments:
Post a Comment