Our story begins with me out at my parents house to mooch off of their dinner. I do that often. That's the perks of having my family just a quick 10 minutes from my house. We were sitting in their den just keepin' it real as we do and the wind started picking up. I got up and walked out in their screened in porch. Major wind gusts picked up and started blowing a lot of their pool patio chairs across the yard. Notice the post storm debris. The most impressive thing was when the wind picked up that tiled top table. It was up in the air and the pink chair slammed into it and broke into a thousand pieces. You showed your stuff, Mr. Wind.
Rest in peace, pink chair. This was just a small sampling of the plastic shards I picked up from around the yard. The chair was blown to smithereens.
Sadly, you can't see the majesty of the rainbow in this picture. Disappointing. I swear the bottom left side of that rainbow was in our backyard. I could see it touchin' the ground. I was about to run to get a shovel to dig for the gold. I wanna know where the gold at.
When what to our wondering eyes should appear, but a double rainbow!
What does this mean!?!
After witnessing one of these double rainbows, I totally understand why the guy from the double rainbow youtube video was so stoked about seeing a double rainbow. I was doing my shares of "Whoas, woos, and wows" just like him, minus the orgasmic sounding "ohs" and the crying.
It's so intense. So bright and vivid. All the way. Full on. It's too much. I don't know what it means.
Here's the Double Rainbow Song for your enjoyment. I love this junk. I was singing "Double rainbow all the way across the sky, wow, wow, oh my god" all night long.
All of that crazy weather fit in as a perfect example to my students. I'm teaching a weather unit this week. Today the kids were all kinds of excited talking about the wind, and hail, and the double rainbow all the way across the sky. Triple treat we had there.
I am so beyond glad tomorrow is Friday. It's been the longest week ever. I know I said last week was the longest. Well, I lied. This week wins. I've exhausted. I'm over it. All of it. Beyond ready for Spring Break. We still have to make it through another week. Big. Sigh.
Here are just a couple examples of how my brain is mush and I'm ready for a break. Today my hidden countryness snuck out of me and I said "might could" as in, "You might could get a piece of that cake". My Lord. I also teared up when a fellow teacher said she was taking her family to Disney World this summer. What!?! Geez. I'm a train wreck.

So cool that you saw a double rainbow! Have a great weekend! :)
ReplyDeleteAwesome picture of the double rainbow! I love reading your posts. You have such a way with words. I'm always laughing as I read.....great way to start the day! :)
ReplyDeleteDOUBLE RAINBOW!!! Ok, watching the video about that as soon as I am done with this post. Then I will watch Antoine Dodson's song. It does not take much to make me laugh! Have a good weekend!!
ReplyDeleteFUN!!! I have loved rainbows since I was little and this year saw a super bright, full, double rainbow as well for the first time...I took pics, but have yet to post them!
ReplyDeleteLiesl :)
Hi nice readding your post
ReplyDelete