One of my wild feline friends died. I've blogged about my wild wilderness animal friends in at least two other past posts. They've been hanging around my house since November 2009. While I often dream of capturing and taming the many wild animals (cats, rabbits, foxes, turkeys) that frequent my backyard, I have never so much as touched one of these cats. They're scared of me. I'm borderline scared of them. I've named one Scrappy. That cat is a junkyard dog. Speaking of dogs, they're not scared of my dog. Scrappy charged at Daisy once. By the way I talk and think about these cats, you'd think they were mine. I stare at them through my window. Daisy barks at them through the window.
I discovered the fate of the poor cat as I was driving to work this morning. I was at the stop sign at the end of my street doing the whole look left, look right thing. It's important to do that sometimes to be safe. There it was. On the right side of the road. I gasped and yelled what seemed like a never-ending, "NO"! I knew it was one of "my" stray cats. From where he was, it looked as though he had crossed the road from the wilderness of the cave valley where he was probably hunting yummy rodents. Yes, I live beside a popular tourist attraction cave. This is what brings all the animals to the yard. The cave. Not my milkshake.
My poor little cat was probably crossing the road to head over towards my backyard. That's what I told myself anyway. Poor cat braved the elements and survived on its own during its little life. It's sad that he made it through all he did and a stinkin' car got him in the end. Stupid people with their stupid animal killing cars.
I cried on the way to school. I'm a girl that rarely cries about anything going on in my life, but I'll cry over an animal in a second. I get way too attached to animals. I love them so. I'm sad that my yard will have one less cat roaming free.
I will leave you with a random thought, dear friends. That 'Education Connection' commercial has got to be the worst commercial of all times. I've seen it about 20 times tonight in between all the Jersey Shore episodes. Do you all know the one I'm talking about? The girl dances and sings and she's really bad. Lawsee.
No comments:
Post a Comment