Monday, December 6, 2010

Sketti.

I'm not the hugest spaghetti lover.  I have to be in the mood for it.  Spaghetti is such a fun name, but it's actually kind of a boring dish.  Noodles and sauce.  Big deal.  I found a recipe for Baked Spaghetti and it sounded quite delicious, so I thought I'd give it a try.

BAKED SPAGHETTI

16 oz spaghetti
26 oz spaghetti sauce (I used Ragu Robusto Roasted Garlic)
1 1/2 lbs. ground beef
1 egg
8 oz. sour cream
1 stick butter or margarine (I always go for butter!)
2-3 cups shredded cheese

While the spaghetti is cooking, brown the beef.  Drain and return to pan and add the sauce.  I also added a little onion.  Love me some onion. Drain pasta and return to pasta pan.  Add the sour cream and butter to pasta.  I sliced up the butter so it melted evenly over the pasta.  When the pasta has cooled a bit (about 10-15 minutes), add the egg.  Stir well.  Place pasta mixture in the bottom of a greased 9x13 baking dish. Top pasta with the ground beef/sauce mixture.  Then cover with cheese--that's the best part!  Bake at 375 for 30-40 minutes or until cheese is bubbly.
I think I kinda let my cheese get a little past bubbly.  I'd recommend going closer to the 30 minute bake time instead of the 40. 
Pretty tasty and super easy dish.  That's what I like.

No comments:

Post a Comment