Monday, December 13, 2010

Potato Soup.

Here's a good potato soup recipe to warm your bones on cold snow days.  I love potato soup on snow days.  Some potato soups are ultra runny and some are mega thick.  This one is kinda in the middle: soup consistency but potato hunks.  It's good and has a bit of a spice kick, which is a-okay with me.  Plus it has cream cheese.
Speaking of mega thick potato soups, let me tell you a funny story right quick.  I was at a little gathering at a friends house.  They had soups and finger foods.  I dipped the ladle in a crock pot to see what was goin' on in that pot.  It was really thick.  I turned and asked, "Are these mashed potatoes?"  No.  It was potato soup.  Oops.

Cream Cheese Potato Soup

1 hour/15 min prep
Serves 4-6

4 cups chicken broth
4 cups potatoes, peeled and cubed
1/4 cup onion, minced
1/2 teaspoon seasoning salt
1/4 teaspoon white pepper
1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese, cut into chunks

Combine broth, potatoes, onion, and spices.  Boil on medium heat until potatoes are tender.  Smash a few potatoes to release their starch for thickening.  Reduce to low heat.  Add cream cheese.  Heat, stirring frequently until cream cheese melts.

Add yummy goodness to top it off.  Add cheese, bacon bits, green onion...the sky's the limit, love child.  Salt and pepper to your little hearts desire.

No comments:

Post a Comment